Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premier Cabria drums

User Info Menu

Default Premier Cabria drums

I decided to buy a second kit I could take to my smaller gigs. I purchased a Premier Cabria XPK 5 piece kit in an amber lacquer finish. I haven't been able to find out much information about them, but they appear well built and solid. They sound good, although I'm still in the cleaning process. It appears the young man I bought them from didn't own any cleaning or polishing products. I'm on the last drum now and will post pics as soon as I can.
    For any of you Premier fans out there, if you can provide me some info on this kit, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark...

===============

Drum Bum - T-shirts and Gifts for Drummers

User Info Menu

Default Re: Premier Cabria drums

The Cabria was first launched in 1998, taking its place as Premier's most advanced budget-level kit. Today the Cabria is sandwiched between Premier's Olympic beginners' kits and the company's Artist and Series professional ranges
    The main difference between the three levels is in the wood chosen for construction. The PK has basswood, the APK is ash with a maple inner veneer, and the impressive XPK now has a 100 percent maple shell, for the first time on a budget Premier kit. Yes, it's Chinese maple as opposed to premium North American rock maple, the material associated with more expensive pro kits, but we wonder just how big a difference that makes? Assuming it's the same genus then maple is maple, surely?
    Hope that helps..
    "PLAY IT LOUD AND PLAY IT PROUD":

User Info Menu

Finally finished cleaning all the drums, putting all the hardware back on the shells, and tuning up the new heads. This thing sounds awesome. Here are a few pics. Entry/budget level kit or not, it looks good and sounds great.

User Info Menu

and a couple more...

User Info Menu

Lookin good Nighthawk,what kind of heads are on that beauty?

User Info Menu

Right now I'm using the Aquarian Studio-X coated heads I took off my main kit. I'll be replacing these with the Aquarian Super-2 coated heads soon. The kick has an Aquarian Super Kick-2 and a Remo coated ambassador on the front. I'm waiting on the Kickport. The snare drum that came with the kit still needs to be cleaned and polished. I haven't decided on heads for it yet.

User Info Menu

Nice looking kit nighthawk lucky for you that underneath the dirt and grime there was this beautiful flawless looking finish. Congrats.

User Info Menu

I'm still trying to figure out how dust bunnies got inside the drums.

User Info Menu

congrad on your new kit
    look really nice now
    can you clean mine now that you have finish
    enjoy your new toy

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Very Nice NH, hey since the person who owned it and dis-respected a musical instrament..did you get a smokin deal? hope so. Looks good no matter what level
    of quality it was!
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Yes, the deal was a fair one. The funny thing is, he sold them because he got a new Ddrum Dominion kit for Christmas, which will likely suffer the same fate as the Cabria kit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk11 View Post
    Yes, the deal was a fair one. The funny thing is, he sold them because he got a new Ddrum Dominion kit for Christmas, which will likely suffer the same fate as the Cabria kit.
    they probably will...you and I know...take care of equipment and it will last and function for years!
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Look amazing Nighthawk,love the color.enjoy your new kit.
    Proudly playing
    TAMA Superstar Accel-Driver 5 piece
    Ddrum Dominion Maple 13x7 snare
    Remo Roto Tom's 6,8,10

Paiste 3000 14 Rude hat's
    Paiste 2000 sound reflections medium 13 hat's
    Paiste 2000 sound reflections 14 thin crash
    Paiste Alpha 16 medium crash
    Paiste Alpha 18 Medium crash
    Paiste Alpha 20 power ride
    Wuhan 12/18 china's

User Info Menu

First of all, good evening everybody, it's been a while since I last visited. :P

Secondly, those are very nice drums, but rather confusing. Those lugs and badges are from the first generation Cabrias of about fifteen years ago, but the badges have new Premier logos on them (at the time the logo was block capitals if I remember rightly), and the Cabria XPK's we got here in Britain had different lugs, red P badges and die-cast hoops (I can't quite tell what they are on yours, but they look triple-flanged to me).

Still a very, very nice kit, and possibly the latest in the tradition of Premier re-using old parts from the factory, a tradition which according to my dad seems to stretch back about forty years.

It's in my favourite colour too, love the yellow lacquers.

User Info Menu

LukeHarrison, thanks for the info man. I don't know a whole lot about Premier drums. I just know when I went to this kids garage to check them out, they looked very well made and sounded good. Several days worth of cleaning and some new heads and these things sound awesome. I knew the set had a few years on it, but it looked good for the most part. Either way, I'm quite happy with it and plan to take it to Friday's gig.

User Info Menu

All the hardware besides the lugs is current generation Premier (all the mounts etc.), so it's certainly a recent kit, it's just strange about the lugs and badges. Especially the badges, as they've not just been reused, but actually remade with the most recent logo.

As I said before though, very nice kit man, if it sounds as good as it looks, you'll go down a storm on Friday.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I've looked online and doing searches for a similar Cabria kit. I've found two others on CL, one for 2x's and one for3x's what I paid. There's not much info on them though, ie; year made, wood type, etc....

User Info Menu

Wow!, those are beauties.

They look brand new. You should be proud.

I dont know much about Premier drums, but I can tell by looking at em that they are well made.

Nice looking shells, drum hardware, finish, lug gaskets etc...
    HHMMMM!...FIRE BAAAADD!!

User Info Menu

Beautiful kit nighthawk! I love how the woodgrain shows through!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks PB. I've got the kit sounding good and am looking forward to Friday's gig. I'm just taking the 5 piece kit and a couple of cymbals. It's a small venue and not a whole lot of wiggle room on the "stage".

User Info Menu

Real nice looking kit Night, they scrub up well.
    Mike.

"If men are from Mars, and Women are from venus then drummers... are from Pluto!" - Hughie (as played by the amazing Billy Connolly) taken from the film 'Still Crazy'.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering" - Brandon Lee

http://www.jerzeystreetband.com
    http://www.myspace.com/jerzeystband
    http://www.facebook.com/jerzeystreetband

User Info Menu

Well, I found out a little bit more about these drums today. This info was listed on CL in Sacramento, Cal., same kit, same color.
    Thanks for your e-mail.
    The kit pictured is a Cabria Exclusive made pre-2004 model.
    The shells were 7-ply Philippine mahogany.

Yours sincerely
    The Premier Sales and Marketing team
    Thank you for contacting Premier Music International Limited.

Don't know much about the Philippine mahogany used for the shells, but she sure does sound nice. Sorry about digging up an old thread. Just wanted to give some updated info.

User Info Menu

Nice job. Those are great looking drums. Would look nice beside my Premier SIGAIA's!!

User Info Menu

I used to have the Premier Cabria APK but recently upgraded; it was a great kit for practicing on; Premier have stopped making them now also so It may be a nice thing to have around if you keep it clean!
    If you are going through hell...keep going!

User Info Menu

The drool factor is off the charts with those things man. Great kit!
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League