So I have some big life questions that I have been trying to answer lately and Im not sure what to do so I decided to get some more opinions here. Before I start let me give you a lil background on myself to get a better understanding of who I am and where Im coming from.
So basically my whole life has revolved around music. It is all that I spend my time on and I am very serious about it. I have been playing drums for about 10 years now and I have been in a band for almost 7 of those years. I live right outside of New York City so there is a pretty sweet music scene over here. Right now I am at the end of my high school career and I still haven't really decided what I want to do in life. I love music, but I also love science, specifically physics. I understand that my band is most likely not going to make it big, so it wouldn't be good to just hope for that to happen one day.
So basically my question is, what would be the best career decision for me? Should I go to school and study music or should I look for something else? I was thinking about being a sound engineer but I wasn't sure if I would be able to get a job once I get out of college or if it would even pay well. I also didn't want to go to school for music and then end up working in a job I don't like or in a genre I don't enjoy.
So if someone who is in the music business or knows someone in the music business could give me some insight on what its like and what would work best in this day and age, that would be awesome. Thanks!