Thread: Chicago Street Percussion Youtube

User Info Menu

Default Chicago Street Percussion Youtube

I am new here. I have retired from music for 14 years to raise my son and I plan to return to playing. I found an old Youtube video of the "Primal Connection" a World Beat group.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmwxUIIP-EM"]YouTube - Primal Connection The Origin[/ame]

Tell me what you think?

The group started as a Street Band and we practiced on the lake front. This evolved into a popular act sponsored by LP and many gigs. Big fun.

I play Steel Pans (or drums), Marimba, Surdo and everything but the kitchen sink. I currently play congas mostly but I like it all. I am looking for opportunities in the Chicago area. I am in the Southwest Suburbs and it is not like the city that I miss and still love.

Keep it fun and keep it real, Jerry

I used to be a street performer and with a trio in the subway in 1992 we could make $400 - $680 a day! I performed with a trio to avoid being robbed. I was quite fearless back in those days.

Thanks, Jerry

User Info Menu

Default Re: Chicago Street Percussion Youtube

Welcome to Drum Chat Jerry!

I enjoy hearing hand drums, and I am a noob on conga and bongos. I devote more time to playing a drum kit, so my progress on hand drumming is limited, although sometimes I will work out new rhythms on my hand drums, because hand drumming allows me to move with the music to get a good feel before I sit down at the kit.

Thanks for posting the video, and again, welcome!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!