Thread: ddrum did it again.

User Info Menu

Default ddrum did it again.

Hello,

I just have to tell everyone how incredible ddrum is, check this out.

I originally purchased a ddrum diatribe back in august of last year, well as it turned out there were some flaws in the design and the bearing edges were not cut properly, so my awesome drum rep at my local store(Lance, Avalon Music)called up Kevin Packard(ddrum devision Manager) and Kevin ended up sending me a massive upgraded diatribe kit at zero cost to me, man I was floored by this.

Well couple months went by and I started having problems with my throw-off and my drums were very difficult to tune, SO once again I went and spoke to Lance at Avalon Music again and we got Kevin on the phone, turns out again the bearing edges were bad on three of the toms and the throw-off was defective, SO....

As I am typing this thread Kevin from ddrum is shipping to me at no cost at all, there TOP OF THE LINE dominion Ash player set in a beautiful high Gloss walnut stain finish, so basically I originally only paid $600 for my first ddrum kit and now I am getting an $1800 top of the line kit at no cost.

The customer service that Kevin Packard from ddrum has given me is by far the best service I have ever received from anyone, if there is something wrong with ANY of there products they will do WHATEVER it takes to make sure there customers are satisfied, I highly recommend ddrums to anyone, I might have had some issues but they absolutely made up for it in a major way.

I will post pics as soon as it arrives, and a few new vids as well.

User Info Menu

SEND ME A KIT!!!

Jk, but daaaaang dude, nice stuff, i think D-Drums trying its hardest to show people they mean business and put the customer first, lets just hope they dont get to big and become corrupted

User Info Menu

Dude, that is AWESOME!!! like seriously, that is customer service as it SHOULD be. Having worked in CS for a while, I know what it takes, and I gotta tell ya, they really know how to treat people if they are doing all that for ya. Congrat's on geting on top end kit for 1 third of the price - gives me hope that there are some companies out there that still care about their customers.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

I am absolutely blown away by how well I was taken care of, Kevin at ddrum absolutely went above and beyond, Kevin actually called me after hours at 8:30 at night my time and 11:30 his time, on his way to the store to get his wife some medicine just to tell me he was going to give me the kit I wanted, I tellin you all this just does not happen, I guarantee you the Yamaha, DW or Tama would NEVER do this, ddrum just one a customer for life with me.

User Info Menu

Ok man first off. THAT GAVE ME CHILLLLLLLLLLS. Thats simply so amazing and i am happy for you dude. That man is very generous and caring to go to all that trouble for you. That makes me think about buying a ddrum set when i buy my new kit. Just from your story of customer service it makes me think that they actually care about the customer. Not many companies care anymore, its sad really.

User Info Menu

Make sure to post pics of your new Dominion when you get it, you lucky bastard. Good to hear that Customer Service is not completely dead yet.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

that is awesome for ya, and for ddrum. if drum workshop gave away a collectors kit for every screwed up pacific kit they sent out in the early days they would be bankrupt now. i am currently on the lookout for an affordable second kit to haul around and not tear up my babies, i will put ddrum on the list to look at. there is a big ddrum distributor in kansas city that sells alot on ebay called funky monkey music. bet i could get a 7 pc dominion for about a grand.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58
    Make sure to post pics of your new Dominion when you get it, you lucky bastard. Good to hear that Customer Service is not completely dead yet.

HB58
    You know I will, I will also make a few videos, I am so excited I can't hardly stand it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    that is awesome for ya, and for ddrum. if drum workshop gave away a collectors kit for every screwed up pacific kit they sent out in the early days they would be bankrupt now. i am currently on the lookout for an affordable second kit to haul around and not tear up my babies, i will put ddrum on the list to look at. there is a big ddrum distributor in kansas city that sells alot on ebay called funky monkey music. bet i could get a 7 pc dominion for about a grand.
    Funky munkey is one of there main outlets, I am sure you would find one there, goodluck man, hopefully I can say welcome to the family.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain

These kits are there exotic woods kits, they come in bulbinga(I think that right)and walnut, beautiful drums.