Thread: How long..

User Info Menu

Default How long..

How long did you stop playing drums for?

User Info Menu

The longest time of me not playing drums in my two years wea when i didnt have a prectice pad an d was on holiday for a month.

User Info Menu

I have to visit my dad in the summer for six weeks at a time. So if I had to say then it would be six weeks.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

A week, and that almost killed me hahahaha

User Info Menu

bought drums....didn't know what i was doing put em in the cupboard after a year.....3 years later.....i wanna hit something real hard....like an urge.....drums get released from captivity..

User Info Menu

My teacher stopped playing for 25 years........ Whoa!

User Info Menu

I just got back into it about 7 months ago after a 2 year hiatus.....the longest break in my 24 year playing history.....but believe me, I definitely needed the break, it did me a world of good.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

About a summer... in between when my old band broke up and my new band formed. I'd much rather play in a band than practice alone. I live for the groove.

User Info Menu

mines about a week and half

User Info Menu

My longest so far has been this week without my drums.
    How's this for an awesome idea...
    Seeing as my set is on the lot at Guitar Center now and my mom is making me work to buy them back or wait out the three months before my grandmother buys them back, I applied for a job in non-sales at that GC last night lol. Not only will I get discounts on my purchases, but I'll say a good months work would get me that set back for $638.94.

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Stop drumming... nope not possible. I drum even when I'm away from any kind of drums.
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

about 2 and a half years - only just got back into them since i joined up on here, and even then i only really get to "play" them about once a week.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

When I go out on the weekend I carry along my sticks and practice pad! I got other set of sticks in my office... So I stop for no longer than a few hours.

User Info Menu

I drum anywhere on anything but I did have to take a long break from playing the kit when I hurt my back - that was about six months.

I find sometimes that if I stop playing for a bit, a few weeks or so, and then start again I have a lot more interest in it and some how I've learned new stuff while I wasn't playing. I think drums are ninty percent mental anyways - the rest is just timing.
    Serve The Song, Not The Ego - NEP

User Info Menu

besides the first 15 years of my life.....ummm...a week tops.
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

Timing is mental too. The physical portion is just speed and dynamics.
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...