Thread: My band's new single "Blue Fields And Green Skies" is out.

User Info Menu

Default My band's new single "Blue Fields And Green Skies" is out.

My band Armed Mannequins, is an Avant Garde "Cacophonic Rock" band at its best, with paradoxical themes and the starting point of a whole new movement in rock music. We're changing the face of spiritual and artistic consciousness, one maladjusted soul at a time. The new single "Blue Fields And Green Skies" is sure to put you on your tilt. There's no turning back now, the rabbit hole is a vortex. Loosen your seat belts and let go of your mind....

For the single http://armedmannequins.com/

EPK (3 more full songs +single) http://www.ourstage.com/epk/armedmannequins

For the record CLICK HERE
    Last edited by middleman; 01-25-2011 at 08:05 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: My band's new single "Blue Fields And Green Skies" is out.

Really? No one?

User Info Menu

First, I wouldn't direct anyone to facebook for music. I din't know they offered music, but I doubt many want to sit around for the couple of minutes it takes for the site to get it's act together to play music. Maybe that's just me and my computer, but my computer is new, and I'm told fast.

The music. Gutsy stuff. Kudo's for you. Sure beats the majority of radio friendly crap most are putting out. It reminded me of the 70's group. The Sensational Alex Harvey Band. Your drumming is both solid and understated. Both qualities I appreciate. Good job. Now, this is just my opinion, but I think the guitar is overstated and the bass is lost in there somewhere. My guess, mastering was done by a guitar player.

User Info Menu

Have to agree with Riverr1 on non-music friendly sites. I think the problem is with Reverbnation's music plugin taking so long to load. I myself got tired of waiting at Facebook and went straight to Reverbnation. Being a reverbnation user myself I know my way around that site and still had to click around to force the music player plug-in to come up. I don't use IE as my browser and have cross site scripts blocked. I guess I'm trying to say is being a tech savvy guy, it took me a while to get to hear your music. Alot of people won't spend that time to get it running. Make your music as easy as possible to be heard on the net.
    Now to the music- Much better then the avant grade crap you hear on the radio and make the internet work for you , for self promotion.
    Like Riverr1 stated , the bass was way in the background , could barely hear it with headphones on the computer. I liked the vocals. Reminds of some English post punk back in the 80's. I liked it!
    Proud Yamaha Player

The line between the real world and the machine world is becoming more and more blurred every day.But its not that humans are turning into automations or becoming slaves to the machines.No, we're simply growing toward each other!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys for your honest input. We don't use/have a bass player -just two of us- that's why you didn't hear a bass hehe. If you go to the EPK link on my signature, we have 4 more (including the one you have already heard) songs -each rather different- listed there as well. I'll take off the Facebook link, but we stopped using Myspace almost entirely.

Blessings...

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting up. I have to agree with the other's who had problems with your audio clip loading up. It took a long time to buffer and I nearly gave up but patients prevailed and I enjoyed the clip.

Your music reminds me of the an early 80s band called Sweet. The lyrics have a very unique cadance and I found my foot tapping along as you played. Thanks for posting up!

User Info Menu

haha, i agree on the sweet comment! i was thinking ballroom blitz not exactly my style, but it was cool enough to listen to oh, the single link only takes a few seconds to load.
    MAPEX MAFIA

User Info Menu

Does anyone have a link to "Sweet"?

User Info Menu

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLtK89Z_WmM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLtK89Z_WmM[/ame]

User Info Menu

I just went to the band website and had no problem downloading the song.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    I just went to the band website and had no problem downloading the song.
    It wasn't the band's website that was slow....it was the FaceBook link that was choking up...

User Info Menu

I do see the comparison of our single to that "Sweet" band. Good ear whoever heard that first. I'll have to do more research on them and their music. Our single is kind of a transitional lead song into our crazier stuff, that gets to the bizarre element/s. It's our most radio friendly song for sure.

User Info Menu

I liked it middleman! Good energy, and in the into of "Blue Fields and Green Skies," I hear a hint of Rockabilly and Metal, then later I get kind of a hint of the Tubes, plus your own unique stamp on the song. Cool!

I haven't listened to the other songs yet, but I really want to hear "Alone On A Super Highway WIth An AK47 A Plastic Fork And A Work Release." Such possibilities, and it's sooooo California!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I haven't listened to the other songs yet, but I really want to hear "Alone On A Super Highway WIth An AK47 A Plastic Fork And A Work Release." Such possibilities, and it's sooooo California!
    Indeed, Cali is where we reside!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    It wasn't the band's website that was slow....it was the FaceBook link that was choking up...
    Oh, I never went to the Facebook link. I just hit the Download Free link on the band site.

User Info Menu

It sounds good. Not my cuppa tea but solid drumming
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

It sounds good. Not my cuppa tea but solid drumming
    Hey thanks for listening though and giving your honest input. Make sure to check out some of our other songs, that "might" be your cup of tea :-)