Thread: Cadeson Pro Maple Twist

User Info Menu

Default Cadeson Pro Maple Twist

Cadeson Pro Maple Twist

Introduction

This is the first time I have written a review on a drum kit so I’ll probably miss stacks of stuff out. I bought this kit recently new from a dealer here in Bangkok. I was actually after a Noble and Cooley but after playing both kits I found that the comparison did not warrant spending twice the amount for the NC 5 piece (it was over 6k) I love the look and feel of the Cadeson so it wasn’t really a tough decision.

Kit in general

The standard kit came as follows:
    22 x 24 Bass; 14 x 6.5 Snare; 8,10,12,14 and 16 Toms; Hi-hat stand complete; Bass pedal; 2 x cymbal booms; 3 x Tom mount booms (2 double and one 1 single)

I added the following:
    Cadeson 12 x 5 steel alloy snare; Cadeson 12, 14 and 16 Roto Toms; Zildjian Armande Hi-hats and 20” ride; Zildjian A Custom 14 and 16” Projection Crashes and 10” splash; percussion block and cowbell.

On order:
    Cadeson 8 and 10 Roto Toms; Zildjian A Custom 18” projection Crash and 12” splash.

13 piece with 7 cymbals when complete (yes I know many of you will say that’s not enough cymbals!)

Finish

The drums are 8 ply maple finished in matt black (Cadeson call it Black Satin) I like this option as it not only currently looks good but makes it easier for a custom paint job if and when the time comes.

Hardware

The rims and lugs are all die cast black alloy with chromed mounting brackets; Looks more like a Harley Davidson than a drum kit but I like it 
    The heads are standard from REMO USA; built for Cadeson.
    All the stands and boom arms are well made; thick and stable with wide extension legs.

The mounting brackets have a ball joint system that allows the Toms to be adjusted very easily (you can actually pivot them while playing if required) I have always preferred free standing Toms to a racking system but can see the advantages of both.

Playability

Well…… I had enough budgeted for the NC but still chose this kit; it’s dynamic, bouncy and lots of fun; looks and feels great and is already improving my playing and stamina. The Bass is deep and clean, Toms are wonderfully bouncy and both Snares sound fantastic. The Hi-hat stand is well constructed; if I change anything it will be the pedals.

Conclusion

Priced just under the similar set up from Yamaha; it’s a great value kit and a good stepping stone for a few years; bearing in mind that it’s very difficult to procure the big name brands here without humungous import taxes. Cadeson does have a US dealership and I believe several Australian stores are stocking the kits now too.

Once I have my recording equipment set up I’ll post a video; currently it wouldn’t do the kit any justice.

Apologies if this review is too short; I’m a fairly new drummer. If you have any questions please feel free to message me.

For photos please look in my album.
    If you are going through hell...keep going!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cadeson Pro Maple Twist

Great review thanks for posting! You don't see that particular kick size very often, so that's great that you have such a unique and truly custom setup. I also have a custom projection(the hi hats), I think you'll like them as they are a bright and loud cymbal. Sounds like you have a dream set up of toms headed your way, and I liked your descriptions of the drum's sound. Lookin forward to that audio when you get a chance.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

thanks for the kind words as always Russ.

Yes I love my A Custom Projections; really looking forward to picking up the 18" to round off the set.

Will be a while before i have the recording equipmewnt in place but I'll post a vid when i do.

User Info Menu

That's a big bass drum. Nice kit. How's the fit and finish? Anything rattle, or slightly loose? Are the tom mounts steady?
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

I've read some good things about Cadesons. I bet that kick drum sounds amazing. Thanks for the pics Chris.

sk
    "A man can NEVER have too many cymbals"

Proudly Playing

Sonor Force 3007 Stage One Piano Black 22X17.5 kick, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16" toms
    Pork Pie Big Black Snare
    Vater Sticks/Brushes
    Remo Vintage Emperor, Emperor X, and Powerstroke Pro Heads
    Paiste Twenty/2002/Signature Cymbals
    Sonor/DW/Gibraltar Hardware

User Info Menu

thanks guys; the kit is sturdy; no rattle although i get the usual snare buzz from any of the drums.

User Info Menu

Nice review Chrisbbk, and thanks. Could you explain the "Twist" in the title name?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks Bob; as far as i know its just the name of the series; you can google Cadeson and look on their site.