Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Login Issues

User Info Menu

Default Login Issues

We are aware that some of you have had problems logging in. We just spoke with our techs and the problem appears to be with a Hosting Data Center because a provider outside their network is causing intermittent network issues between the internet and their core. Their engineers are working on a solution to this issue as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, since it is a network issue, we have no control over the situation. Hopefully, it will get resolved soon. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Login Issues

thanks for everything su_admin
    we understand

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Thanks for the post. Yes I had dns issues in the South Texas area. The server popped up by IP number. So it was a DNS issue they were having.
    Proud Yamaha Player

The line between the real world and the machine world is becoming more and more blurred every day.But its not that humans are turning into automations or becoming slaves to the machines.No, we're simply growing toward each other!

User Info Menu

I can get on from my laptop, but not my iPhone, or my desktop. Weird.
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

I can log on when I'm at work but not at home. Both are two different ISP and use different DNS so I sound like it's a DNS route problem.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    TAMA - AQUARIAN - DW PEDALS - SABIAN - ISTANBUL MEHMET - ZILDJIAN - PAISTE - VATER

Member: Aquarian Preacher Nation & AAXplosion army...

AND I CONFESS I'M A DRUMGEAR-A-HOLIC

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bonebreak View Post
    I can get on from my laptop, but not my iPhone, or my desktop. Weird.

If all your computer is on the same network then Flush et register back DNS cache entry in the one that cant log on to Drumchat. If it doesn't work then I hope for you that your laptop DNS cache wont refresh till the problem's solved.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    TAMA - AQUARIAN - DW PEDALS - SABIAN - ISTANBUL MEHMET - ZILDJIAN - PAISTE - VATER

Member: Aquarian Preacher Nation & AAXplosion army...

AND I CONFESS I'M A DRUMGEAR-A-HOLIC

User Info Menu

I have no idea what this means. Yes, they are all on the same network.
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

I'm still having problems also. From my neighbors wireless network, I can't get on, ATT. From my sister's, Comcast, I can get on.

Any idea of how long this will last?

Mind-drummer, I'm with bonebreak, I have no idea what is meant by what you wrote. It doesn't sound good though. I was doing a windows recovery yesterday and it allowed me to get on for awhile, but it even quit working. I have a new computer, so the recovery took about half a minute, and I'm not going to lose anything if I have to restore rather then recover. Is that something I should do? Sounds like you know what's going on.

User Info Menu

As of this morning, they are still working on the problem. Unfortunately, they haven't been able to give us a time frame as of yet.

User Info Menu

I had this problem yesterday, and only now i could get back
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I've been unable to get on since yesterday from home or work until now...

User Info Menu

It showed up for me as an unlisted site. Never doubted the abilities of those in charge though, figured it was an error. This isn't the first forum i've seen recently to have gone through a crash of some sort.
    Last edited by Russ; 01-27-2011 at 05:03 PM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I was just able to log on.....whew! I was in full panic mode for a bit....thanks for working this out!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the resolved matter, And quick. WTG D/C and rum bum!

User Info Menu

I thought the world ended.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fumbled time View Post
    Thanks for the resolved matter, And quick. WTG D/C and rum bum!
    Sorry i had to. LOL
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

I wasnt sure what to do that was drummig related. Besides, well, drum.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Yes!!!!!! I am back on! Oh how I have missed you Drumchat!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    Yeah, I've been unable to get on since yesterday from home or work until now...
    +1

RHD even TM'd me last night wondering if the site was down.

I haven't been able to get on for almost 24 hours now.

Starving.....LOL
    Signature here

User Info Menu

We apologize again for the inconvenience. Here's the official word:

GSI Hosting prides itself on being an industry leader in hosting and managed hosting services. We personally take our services we deliver seriously, and any issue or downtime is as unacceptable to us as it is to our clients.

GSI Hosting experienced a significant failure in one of our core switches at our MainMark facility today. The switch failed in an unexpected state, which resulted in the switch masking its failure. The nature of the failure required the GSI network engineering team to methodically troubleshoot each piece of core networking equipment, and validate its operational state. This process took the MainMark facility's networking services offline for the duration of the troubleshooting.

Once the validation steps for each piece of our MainMark core networking equipment had been completed, GSI began bringing our MainMark facility's networking services back online, and any isolated issues were troubleshot. Unfortunately, the steps involved in troubleshooting and validation, then the subsequent acts of bringing the equipment back online, takes significantly more time than anyone feels is acceptable, or is comfortable with.
    Again, this was out of our control but we're happy that it has now been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

User Info Menu

Being without you guys for the past day and a half made me appreciate this place even more. I love Drum Chat!
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

I would imagine that place has more switches than a bank has lock boxes. I can't imagine how feverously they must have been working on the problem.

That was a major meltdown for sure.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I forgot to say thank you, so thanks.. Really saved my neck, so i'm grateful!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

su_admin thanks but that was like reading a foreign language. I think all I got out of it was, "It's working now" LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by su_admin View Post
    We apologize again for the inconvenience. Here's the official word:

Again, this was out of our control but we're happy that it has now been resolved. Thank you for your patience.
    Just remember, when it comes to computers, the bigger the hammer, the better the repair.

Computer Joke: 2+2=5