Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is a fan of the band TOTO?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Who is a fan of the band TOTO?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderjig View Post
    The drummer is a very good friend of mine that I grew up with in Philadelphia. I've been in touch with him before the holidays and he said he had a great time on tour, he's a session drummer and works on several projects.
    YouTube - "Africa" / Yoso Live In Mexico 2009
    He looks like Steve Smith.

User Info Menu

I've been a fan of Toto ever since I saw this video. The music was great, and man, could Cynthia Rhodes dance, or what?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq4ychrRkQA"]YouTube - Toto - Rosanna (HQ Audio)[/ame]
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I grew up listening to them, Great tunes. I jam the populars often on my headphones. Guilty as charged!

User Info Menu

Well, I didn't go out and buy all of their albums. But Jeff's drumming did always catch my attention when a Toto song was playing. Not to mention all of the other talented musicians and excellent vocals in the group. I guess I would definitely call myself a fan. Even after reading all of these posts and listening to the video covers, makes me want to get a hold of some of their music and listen to more.

Any albums you can recommend?
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I've been a fan of Toto ever since I saw this video. The music was great, and man, could Cynthia Rhodes dance, or what?
    Oh...that was a music video? I didn't see anthing else but Cynthia until you mentioned it.

Yes, she could definately dance!

At 4:24, is that Patrick Swayze? If not, it sure looked like him. RIP Patrick.
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrummerD View Post
    Any albums you can recommend?
    Nearest and dearest to my heart for the most good songs per album/CD are "TOTO IV" and "The Seventh One." I think "The Seventh One" is my all time favorite.
    Signature here

Larrysperf Guest

Always have liked Toto. And as Ive said before thought your band Bish sounded a lot like them

User Info Menu

Gotta love Toto, I always have!!!

User Info Menu

I love Toto! It's funny because I'm in high school and I've loved them since middle school... yay, older music appreciation!

Also, if anyone's ever heard of Relient K, I saw them live a few months ago and they covered "Africa." It was phenominal.
    Needham B. Broughton High School Drumline

Tournament ~of~ Roses Parade 2012!

User Info Menu

I like TOTO they jeff porcaro wrote one of the best half time shuffles ever but he said he stole it from everybody haha

Haha pb the singer with the mustache in the video looks like murderface

Last edited by shabutie2113; 01-29-2011 at 10:21 AM.
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''