Thread: Alesis DM6 - two kick pads?

User Info Menu

Default Alesis DM6 - two kick pads?

Can a stock DM6 set support two kick pads? I have a double pedal that I can maybe turn into two singles - anyone know if the DM6 can support two kick pads? I can pick up an additional for $70 something. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Alesis DM6 - two kick pads?

It sounds like you already own the DM6, correct? So the question is, do you have an additional input? If so, I'm sure you can reprogram the sound to make it an additional kick (if it doesn't already default to that, which it probably doesn't).
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

Two bass drum kick pads can easily run on a DM5....it's two open and closed hi-hat sounds that is not possible on a DM5 (or on any module for that matter) as you'd also need two footswitch inputs. But if I can easily re-assign different sounds on my DM5, then I'm sure you can do that on your DM6. By the way, how many inputs does the DM6 have? The DM5 has 12.....13 if you also include the footswitch trigger input.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Two bass drum kick pads can easily run on a DM5....it's two open and closed hi-hat sounds that is not possible on a DM5 (or on any module for that matter) as you'd also need two footswitch inputs. But if I can easily re-assign different sounds on my DM5, then I'm sure you can do that on your DM6. By the way, how many inputs does the DM6 have? The DM5 has 12.....13 if you also include the footswitch trigger input.
    Don't be fooled by the name. The DM5 is actually vastly superior to the DM6. So he doesn't necessarily have the same functionality. I just took a look at the DM6 manual and it doesn't seem like it's expandable at all.
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

Oh really? I had no idea, never seen the DM6 up close. Yeah, I know the DM5 was a haul-over of the DM4 as a mate of mine, Adam, used to sell them at his store, and having that many inputs gives more options. In fact, with my main electronic set I have two of them side by side, as I expanded on it, adding dual trigger cymbals, etc. Plus an additional foot trigger hi-hat pedal to the right of my double pedal. I'll attach a few pictures a little later.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8