Thread: My Little Kit......

User Info Menu

Default My Little Kit......

I'm moving up in the world........ LOL

User Info Menu

Lol, keep building around those things!

XD

But in all seriousness, thats the most important part of the drumkit, the snare and bass, now youve got the hi- hats to compliment those, keep working DC!

User Info Menu

That Roland is a great training tool. I've been playing that more than my kit lately. Most of my practice time is late at night so the RPM-5 is perfect for that. Keep rockin' Drum Chick
    I sleep with my sticks.

User Info Menu

Ahh, you have the actual hi-hat for your kit. My Roland had a rubber pad and the pedal trigger, the pad didn't move.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

good job DC! wow.. I don't even have a double bass =/

User Info Menu

Its a really good start, you can build a great kit around that
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Um.....where's your hi-hat pedal? Also, when are you usually not home, so I can...um...."borrow" that kick pedal?

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

I want your pedals.................PLEASE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigTallG
    Um.....where's your hi-hat pedal? Also, when are you usually not home, so I can...um...."borrow" that kick pedal?

Well the thing is, it's not a hi-hat, it's just regular cymbal UGH! I thought it was a hi-hat when it was purchased, however, I do have the hi-hat pedal, it's a DW5000 but I can't use it (not until I get my "real" kit).......

Oh, and......... Borrow my kick pedal???? What are you crazy!!!

User Info Menu

can you use these things with a full acoustic drum kit, hey i need every bit of help
    I ONLY WANTED TO HELP YOU ROLAND

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lita3
    can you use these things with a full acoustic drum kit, hey i need every bit of help
    iv just seen, your cymbal is electric too,electric could be the way forward for me!

User Info Menu

Sorry I missed this before lita, it can be used with the Roland electric kits but I've know people to add electric to acoustic, must be a crazy drum kit......

User Info Menu

hi chicklet! i was thinking about gettin the same set up as you, where does the sound come out? do you need an amp or special amp for this? also,if i got those 3 items, do i need to purchase extra wires/cables? thanks x

User Info Menu

Hey lita, you can use an amp or headphones with the RMP-5 and yes, if you get those three items you need to get the extra wires/cables for it. I can help you out with that when you're ready to get it, just let me know :-)

User Info Menu

thanks dc , if i sold my acoustic kit i think i should get a bit for it,sooo i could put towards an electric set', im seriously thinking about this .... watch this space cus i'l need ya !!

User Info Menu

thanks dc , if i sold my acoustic kit i think i should get a bit for it,sooo i could put towards an electric set', im seriously thinking about this .... watch this space cus i'l need ya !!
    YAY! Somebody actually needs me for something to do with drumming!!!! LOL

You can PM me or e-mail me as well lita........

User Info Menu

I love adding electric drums to acoutstic kits. Thats my aim of what to do anyway :>

Some bands like korn and still remains use drum triggers (I think karnivool too) And for things like a sub hum at certain points its wicked!

Well done DC. It may just be a normal cymbol but you should be able to get it to play a closed hi hat tone though right? And buy the electronic hi hat next time? One of the blessings of electrics :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

iv just added my kit on ebay hehe, iv done a high buy it now with a best offer choice, im going for an electric, is a roland td 8 i think it is, still pretty expensive pre owned in uk, but thats britain allover

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=drum_chick]Well the thing is, it's not a hi-hat, it's just regular cymbal UGH! I thought it was a hi-hat when it was purchased, however, I do have the hi-hat pedal, it's a DW5000 but I can't use it (not until I get my "real" kit).......

hey dc, just re-reading this post and was wondering what you said about the hi hat. did you buy the wrong thing, or there is NO hi hat for the rmp5? i thought they do have it........

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=randy chitty]
    Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Well the thing is, it's not a hi-hat, it's just regular cymbal UGH! I thought it was a hi-hat when it was purchased, however, I do have the hi-hat pedal, it's a DW5000 but I can't use it (not until I get my "real" kit).......

hey dc, just re-reading this post and was wondering what you said about the hi hat. did you buy the wrong thing, or there is NO hi hat for the rmp5? i thought they do have it........
    No, there is no hi-hat for the RMP-5, it's to complex to use because of the sound with the upper and lower cymbals when you open and close it. The only thing you can use is the cymbal, I use it as a hi-hat I just can't practice opening and closing it.

User Info Menu

iv just added my kit on ebay hehe, iv done a high buy it now with a best offer choice, im going for an electric, is a roland td 8 i think it is, still pretty expensive pre owned in uk, but thats britain allover
    Who would spend alot of money on an old dump kit that was played by steven wright? I was thinking about selling it on ebay.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w
    Who would spend alot of money on an old dump kit that was played by steven wright? I was thinking about selling it on ebay.
    selling what stevo? im not a registered member as from yesterday so its not happening at them moment (til i sign up with new name anyhow) sooo have to stick with my acoustic for a bit til then!

User Info Menu

Lol its ok i dont wanna rip you off :P I just thought maybe i could make alot of money selling my old dodgy (i dont like to say it exists) kit by saying steven wright has played them. (and he has.... thats me :P)
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters