Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much is this drumkit worth/is it good?

User Info Menu

Default Re: How much is this drumkit worth/is it good?

You should show him this thread. It should go for maybe $800US at most, but because it's not vintage and it's an Export, you could go for $650US the least due to the amount of drums.
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

Man, that configuration brings back memories of the earlier days of MTV...you know, back when they used to actually play music videos. :D

No way that kit is worth $2000 CDN. A few hundred for the rack hardware and cymbals...the drums would be a throw-in. And it looks like they've got about 30 years worth of dust on 'em...whew!

User Info Menu

id say that 2,000 bucks for that set is about 1,500 to much ,, run away from that set . and keep your money in your pocket ...if you buy that set ,you will be sorry in a year or two... take your 2,000 dollars and get a new set ..
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

If I was trying to sell that kit I for that kinda coin I would at least shined it up. He might have that much into it if he bought it over time but no way would I pay that for it in its current condition. Still a lot of gear there.

Larrysperf Guest

At that price pass on it Nuff Said

User Info Menu

Don't waste your money on those. You can get a new 4 piece DW performance series set for 1500.00. or a Nice Gretsch Catalina Maple set and still buy new cymbals with the other thousand. That set just looks junky, Jurrasic Park, to me for some reason. Run Away very fast.
    Last edited by VIbes; 02-07-2011 at 06:43 PM.

User Info Menu

the kit is ridiculously big, old and out of fashion

i mean fair enough if you got a mullet and a black pannel van then its prolly your cup of tea

but all i see is mold at the bottom of a cup

User Info Menu

It's a pretty good set- but it's set up bad, and aesthetically does not look very pleasing. I would say 500-800 is a reasonable offer, given both the size of the kit and the fact it comes with cymbals, rack, and some hardware. Don't count it out- this is a good set but it needs a slight cleaning and some new heads to get the most out of it. If it's what you want, haggle and fight for it.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Riverr1 View Post
    I enjoy going to Canada, but even more so a few years back when $2000CDN was about $7US. Slightly exaggerated but it ain't that way no more. That colorful funny money, and even the looney, is worth real money now.
    Sorry but it always was and is worth using

User Info Menu

+ 1008
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Sorry but it always was and is worth using
    Sorry Larry. I meant what I wrote to be humor and not a slight. Most of my family lives in either Tornoto or Hamilton and I love the country. Doesn't change the fact thought that until not to long ago the Canadian dollar was valued around .53 to .57 cents US in the exchange rate. That made working, vacationing and shopping in Canada a great bargain. I'm an avid wood working hobbyiest and all my machines were General's which I bought directly from General outside of Montreal because of the exchange rate. Made for great prices on some of the best machines made. Most of that was even before free trade when duties had to be paid.

Although not as extreme yet, the exchange rate has finally gone the other way. Also, I never said that it wasn't worth using. Not sure how you came to that?