Thread: Extending the TD-9? (additional module)

User Info Menu

Default Extending the TD-9? (additional module)

Hi all!

I have a Roland TD-9 module, which now is completely full with pads! However, I have needs for (primary) additional cymbals (today 2 crash, 1 ride). Where do I go from here? Do I buy an additional module and connect them (how? aux in? midi?)

I thinking about buying an used TD-3 module to control the cymbals. Is that a good complement?

Thanks for any answers (or opinion!)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Extending the TD-9? (additional module)

im not sure what you need it for but my extension module(which im not using because I havent filled up my dtexpress) is a dm5. chosen because its innexpensive and you can program any sound to any input. my understanding is the rolands are a little more restricted in directing what pad will trigger what sound.
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

Default Re: Extending the TD-9? (additional module)

I have a TD-9 today, and I need additional pads, but since my TD-9 are now full and I can't add additional pads to it. So I thinking about getting another module so I can continue to add pads to my drumkit.

To be able to add more pads, I thinking about getting an TD-3 module so I can connect my cymbals to it.

Are you happy with your DM5? I have used, on a couple of occasions, a DM10 and I didn't like it at all, if I compare it to my TD-9.

My TD-9 module have no restrictions on what sound I can use with which pad....