Thread: $$

User Info Menu

Default $$

How much does just one bongo cost?

User Info Menu

I've never seen a single bongo for sale. They usually are in sets of two.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Cool $$

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    I've never seen a single bongo for sale. They usually are in sets of two.
    Actually, 1DB, some companies make single bongo drums for school music use (don't think I've ever seen them in the LP catalog, but when C. G. Conn was big with school instruments in the 1950s, I remember playing with one of them in my kindergarten class).

Lafirin, LP does make what they call a "junior conga"; one model used to be called the "Ricardo" model after you-know-who on "I Love Lucy"; if you're wanting one bongo or small conga to use with your set, check their webpage...

But bongos work better in pairs, and so do congas...BTW, LP made a three-drum-set of bongos about five or six years ago (may still do, but haven't seen one since the MARS store in St. Louis went out of business back in the mid-90s...

have fun with it, dude...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

well..you learn something new everyday. Buying a set of bongos wasn't really on my list, just wondering for the future, thanks guys!

User Info Menu

sounds like a chris rock bit. guy walks into the drum store....how much for the bongos?....100 bucks.....i'll just take one bongo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    sounds like a chris rock bit. guy walks into the drum store....how much for the bongos?....100 bucks.....i'll just take one bongo.
    Hahahahahahahah Wow that made me laugh more then it should have probably.
    I think some Bongos would be a sweet add on.

User Info Menu

In the U.S. you can get what i think are decent bongos for around $50-100. Of course you can get the amazing stuff for like 250 or god knows how much. But if you just want to get some to mess around with or even put as an addition to ur set, i would just spend like 50 of 60 bucks (U.S. that is)
    ohhh hahha i didn't see the part about one bongo. Well, I don't think you can buy a single bongo haha but good luck finding that. you cann buy a single conga drum, but that will cost you much more.

User Info Menu

Cool $$

lhebso, scroll back a bit to look at my earlier commentary...

u can buy inexpensive bongos for $40 U. S. (if u want tacked-on heads that you have to heat up to "tune" with no guarantee of their staying tuned; might be good for a kid or someone who doesn't care how he plays or sounds).

But if, like most of us here, u want to play and sound like a serious bongosero, you spend a little more and get bongos that you can tune the way you want them to sound; bongos that survive occasional bumps and bangs without fall'n apart; bongos that will outlast the cheap stuff.

P. S., you can still make a lot of sounds with a single conga!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck