Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite

User Info Menu

Default Favorite

whats your favorite rudiment?

Mines either the ruff, or the double stroke roll.

User Info Menu

I suck at double stroke rolls. Actually I suck at single stroke rolls too. I wish I had taken some lessons to learn these simple little things.
    My favorite is the paradiddle.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

You don't need lessons for these . You just need to be more committed. Pick just one and stay with it for awhile. Work up the speed and you'll have it.
    Drummer Chicks Rule

User Info Menu

my favourite paradiddle is RLLR LLRL and RLRL LRLR. Playing these two around the kit sounds really cool and play the bass on all the R's. I am really focused on those two and RLRR LRLL at the moment and want to master them around the kit. Mastering three at a time is enough for me to handle at once.

User Info Menu

and my favourite rolls are single and double and again especially around the kit. triplet flams are realll cool too.

User Info Menu

Hmm, the flamamacue is probably my favorite

User Info Menu

I haven't learn the flamamacue yet, it sounds intense though. Oh live wire i do this one quit often too (RLLR LLRL) thats a fun one around the kit.

User Info Menu

yer it is, thats what i was playing around the fire at camp in a tranced out kinda way if ya know what i mean. then it started raining LOL!

User Info Menu

nothin better then doin some good ol' rudiments around the camp fire huh?

User Info Menu

the SINGLE STROKE!

Most useful of the P.A.S. rudiments
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

I don't get it, you always hear, double stroke double stroke!!! but drummers use singles more don't they? so shouldn't they be our priority.. just a thought.

User Info Menu

My favorites are probably 6 stroke rolls, and 16th note triplets dont know if the 16th note triplets really count as a rudiment though.

User Info Menu

camp fires... reminds me of 8th grade we were in Utah and we made this sketchy band with me on trash cans and another kid on a 3/4 size acoustic guitar with only 3 strings... haha class trips

User Info Menu

sorry that was a little off topic... my favorite's gotta be double strokes... in combination with double kick... mike portnoy style

grasslander Guest

Favorite rudiment...probably the paradiddle.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin
    I haven't learn the flamamacue yet, it sounds intense though.

Its a lotta bark, and not really much bite, just a 16th with a flam on the one beat, and a tied on quarter on the 2 beat thats a flam

User Info Menu

If I had to pick a favorite on the basis of what I think is easy, I would say the single stroke roll. But if we're talking about the rudment that I like to hear the most, at the moment I would say the paradiddle.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin
    nothin better then doin some good ol' rudiments around the camp fire huh?

Sure thing Lafirin!

I love playing six stroke...especially on the double kicks. Its got such a nice roll to it

User Info Menu

What's a rudiment again?

User Info Menu

I play the 5 stroke roll a lot, so I guess that's probably my favorite. I'm working a lot on the flamacue lately and that's gaining on it. The flamacue really sounds neat when you get the accent on the second note (the one after the frist flam) right.

User Info Menu

I like the Pataflafla. I think I like it for its name more than for what it is though. My favorite one to play? Paradiddle, definately.
    Without music, life would be a mistake.

User Info Menu

The ratamacue is pretty cool.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Cool Favorite

"ruff, ruff, ratamacue"...the ratamacue almost sounds like it belongs in a Fred Astaire tap number...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

i like the ruff, im starting to use it in my fills, but there kind of hard at fast tempos.. okay really hard.

User Info Menu

It's kinda weird mine but it sounds ace.
    Basically, I saw this in another post - I think it was sextuplets or something?
    It goes LRLRKK. I changed it so it goes LRLLKK. Put my right hand over the floor tom, left on snare, crash the cymbals with my kicks. Sounds good for an opening if you can get the speed up.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...