Thread: 16 year olds band "Found in Atlases"!!

User Info Menu

Default 16 year olds band "Found in Atlases"!!

My sons band "Found in Atlases" is opening for Hawthorne Heights on Feb 14th in OKC at The Conservatory. My son is the drummer, and funny thing is, Hawthorne Heights was the very first band he ever saw (about 10 years old), and now he is opening for them!!! I am a very proud papa for sure. Please take a second, and give them a listen. They are a poppy punk style, and these kids are only 16 years old. They have been together for about a year, and have done everything, from recordings to lining up shows, all by them selves.

http://www.myspace.com/foundinatlases
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

Default Re: 16 year olds band "Found in Atlases"!!

That is really cool!Maybe it was the player but I prefer more bass.They sounded good and I think that is great that they are doing all that work themselves.I would be very proud too!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

I have a buddy that is a really good producer who I think they will use in the future. They weren't really impressed with the guy they had do it, and neither was I.
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

Wow, those kids really have some talent. Hope they have a great show!
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

It falls on my wife and I's 4 year anniversary. That will be a big portion of the evening of course.

User Info Menu

You must be very proud Bonebreak, and to be watching your son's band on your anniversary too? Well, let's just say that you should be able to tip the band and get a nice song for your wife to top off the night.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

That's awesome! The Conservatory is an awesome place to see shows! I'd be a proud pop too.
    Current set-up:
    Cheapo Roger's:
    14" snare
    13" tom
    16" floor tom
    20" bass
    20" Meinl Ride HCS
    18" Meinl Crash HCS
    14" Meinl Hi-hat HCS
    Rhythm Tech Moon Block and Tamborine.

User Info Menu

Congrats, BB.

Very cool!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bonebreak View Post
    My son is the drummer, and funny thing is, Hawthorne Heights was the very first band he ever saw (about 10 years old), and now he is opening for them!!!
    Wow, how cool is that!

User Info Menu

That's awesome! I'll try to make it out if I'm not working that night!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RHD03 View Post
    That's awesome! I'll try to make it out if I'm not working that night!
    That is the bummer. It is on a Monday.