Thread: Aquarian

User Info Menu

Default Aquarian

Anyone a big fan of aquarian heads? Ive been hearing good things about them, and i currently have the super kick 2 bass drum head..and i really love it. I am considering maybe the performance 2 tom heads if i can ever get around to it..any reviews or opinions?

User Info Menu

i've got the superkick 1 i think for my bass drum, i dunno about the other tom heads though. besides bass drum heads the only other aquarian head i've purchased was a snare head and it broke only a few days after putting it on and i'm not a hard hitter.

User Info Menu

I can't say much about them... as far as heads go I'm only familiar with Remo and Evans.
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

only played the super kicks, they are great tho.

User Info Menu

I just recently purchased an aquarian head for my bass and have no complaints at all. In the past , all my other heads have been Remo.

User Info Menu

Isn't it like really hard to get good rebound with an aquarian head? What is the point of them, deeper sound?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I never noticed a rebound problem, and I will say yes it does have a deep sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat
    Isn't it like really hard to get good rebound with an aquarian head? What is the point of them, deeper sound?
    aquarian heads come in many dif models just like any other brand. it would be wrong to generalize em like that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    aquarian heads come in many dif models just like any other brand. it would be wrong to generalize em like that.
    I wasn't generalizing them, I was just asking. I have little experience with them in the first place, only the ones I've played in Guitar Center sound deep with little rebound... So that's where I'm getting my knowledge, stock parts.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy