Thread: Hihat help

User Info Menu

Post Hihat help

Hey,
    I have finally narrowed down my hihats that I am going to be getting, but I am still going back and forth between the K 13" hihats and the K 13" matersound sound hihats. The music I play ranges from rock, something like the fray, to somewhat of a jazz feel of john mayer/herbie han****. I was wondering if someone could guide me on this.
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Sure. Make sure you're testing them yourself by trying them out. Go with what pleases your ear. Try many different ones of the same cymbal. Just because they all have the same model number, doesn't mean they all sound the same.

This is the only way to buy cymbals.

User Info Menu

I'd personally go the Mastersounds range. The wavy edge on the bottom (I forget what Zildjian refer to it as) allows air to escape easily for a great "chick" sound when you close your hats and makes playing the hi-hat shut sound great cause there is no trapped air within the centre of the hats.

I'm going to be buying Zildjian 15" A Custom Mastersound hats in the near future, so I've done my research.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

if you already have the ride cymbal that you want to go with then try to get to a store and match the hats that sound best with your ride.

User Info Menu

Thanks, I am going to go to guitar center or sam ash today to go check those babies out. I think I might also see what those A custom mastersound sound like also.

User Info Menu

Default I found the right ones!

Hey guys I finally found my hihats! I am happy, I ended getting 14" paiste twenty series. They sound great. Very nice chick but have a darker sound. I love the sound.

User Info Menu

haha..it filtered c*ck in hanc*ck lol

User Info Menu

yeah check out the poet emily ****enson

User Info Menu

Ahh too many stars! Maybe people should space the bad words :P