Thread: Double kickers

User Info Menu

Default Double kickers

I have been thinking about getting a set of used double kicker pedals. I have seen a lot on E Bay but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what I should stay away from? I have seen several DW's 3000, 4000 and 5000 what is up with that and are they good?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Double kickers

DW pedals are great, and probably the most popular pedals out there.
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

I have DW 5000's and like them, but I have not tried others, sorry :(

Axis I believe are quite popular among metal drummers. (long boards?)

User Info Menu

axis here I believe:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWF9T04f_rA"]YouTube - Double Bass Drumming up to 300 bpm[/ame]

User Info Menu

Try them all! Personally...I've had my DW5002 double pedal (Turbo Cam, single chain) for probably 17 years or so now, and it's still holding up fine. I also have had a Pearl P-122TW for quite a while now, and that pedal works fine for me too. Tama Iron Cobra's, Yamaha's....every pedal is going to feel different somewhat. Just remember, if it's engineered well, then do expect to pay a bit for it. If a new pedal is cheap, then it usually means the manufacturer has scrimped somewhere in producing it....you do get what you pay for.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

i just buy a dw 9002 and it amazing

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Speed Cobras.... Hehehe

Out of the three you said I'd definetely go with the DW 5000. It's basically the standard of every double pedal out there. You'll love it.

I have Sound Percussion pedals (the $70 kind) and I get pretty fast on those, although they are garbage. I'd like to see what I could do with some REAL pedals... XD
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

I just got the 3000s and theyre great and not too pricey either
    Every drummer that had a name, had a name because of his individual playing. He didn't sound like anybody else, So everybody that I ever listened to, in some form, influenced my taste.
    Buddy Rich

User Info Menu

i have been using a dw 7000 for a little over a year, and i hate it. i learned on two iron cobras, and cand wait to get a set of speed cobras. i would also like to try a set of trick pedals, mut noone around here carries them
    MAPEX MAFIA

User Info Menu

i mispoke. I said i have 5000s, i have 7000s...

User Info Menu

DW's are listed the most because they are the most popular, not because people are getting rid of them cause their junk. A million drummers can't be wrong. Go with their 5002 series unless you find the 8002's or 9002's in something you can afford used. The other DW's are good pedals as well, but they don't come close to the big three. There is a reason that DW pedals are popular.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jordison515 View Post
    Speed Cobras.... Hehehe

Out of the three you said I'd definetely go with the DW 5000. It's basically the standard of every double pedal out there. You'll love it.

I have Sound Percussion pedals (the $70 kind) and I get pretty fast on those, although they are garbage. I'd like to see what I could do with some REAL pedals... XD
    I played the Speed Cobras today and I agree, good pedal. That extra inch or so on the length of the footboard makes sooo much diffrerence with the basic physics of leverage when comparing this pedal to the IC. I know a lot of drummers are fond of their IC's but I never understood why. The Speed Cobra's is a concrete example of what IMO is the major drawback of the IC. The engineers at Tama finally figured it out and those that like the IC will love the SC's.

Also played the Trick pedal for the first time. They are really nice pedals and just may be worth the price. Basically an updated Speed King with the action based on compression rather then expansion. No doubt the heaviest duty pedal I've ever used or seen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chafey View Post
    i have been using a dw 7000 for a little over a year, and i hate it. i learned on two iron cobras, and cand wait to get a set of speed cobras. i would also like to try a set of trick pedals, mut noone around here carries them

I love my DW 7000's, but like the speed cobras as well. If I found the right deal on some, I would probably bite.
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone this has been very helpful in making my decision.