Thread: Guitar Center

User Info Menu

Default Guitar Center

Has anyone bought gear from Guitar Center Online. If so how is the shipping and service?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Guitar Center

I recently bought a used Renown maple snare from them.
    It was packed very well, shipped the same day ordered and arrived in perfect shape.
    I was pleasantly surprised.
    "The older I get the better I was " - atomcorr2

Tama
    Paiste

User Info Menu

I have purchased a ton of used stuff from GC in other states. The shipping cost is aback to yolur local GClways fair (normally much less than I'd expect). They base the shipping of the actual weight, rather than a flat cost. Also, if you don't like the product, you can take it back to your local GC, and get your money back. I have done that one more than one occation, just because it wasn't what I hoped it wouldf be, not because of damage or anything. Pretty simple really.
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

I got my original drum kit and two of my three used cymbals from there. I also bought soem sticks, brushes, a djembe and a doumbek from there. If you are buying mail order, please note that Musicians Friend is woned by thesame parent company and charges less or no shipping.
    Jack

May this be the best day you ever had and the worst you ever will. Trinity House Mudslinger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Keck View Post
    If you are buying mail order, please note that Musicians Friend is woned by thesame parent company and charges less or no shipping.
    This is true, however, Guitar Center has much cheaper used gear. Buy new from MusiciansFriend, and used from Guitar Center.
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

Both places are good to buy in the U.S.A but not so good for out of country.