Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did Drum Chat???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Check is out Kev, pastor bob's story it's quite good actually :-)
    Yea it was really cool, thanks pastor bob.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    I loved it, it was so funny very good job, looking forward to getting to know you.

What kind of ddrums do you play?

Hey drum chat we have another ddrummer in the house YES
    To be honest, I'm a little embarressed to say that I am on a D2 kit, but then, I'm on a pastor's salary, and I am a beginner. I can already see good progress in my drumming, and my son has expressed a desire to take up the drums. He's a Marine and currently headed for Iraq, so when he gets back I;m thinking I might make a gift of my kit for him to learn on, and I'll hopefully be ready to buy another set.

User Info Menu

Don't be embarrased, did you see what I'm playing on pastor bob LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    To be honest, I'm a little embarressed to say that I am on a D2 kit, but then, I'm on a pastor's salary, and I am a beginner. I can already see good progress in my drumming, and my son has expressed a desire to take up the drums. He's a Marine and currently headed for Iraq, so when he gets back I;m thinking I might make a gift of my kit for him to learn on, and I'll hopefully be ready to buy another set.
    Absolutely no need to be embarrassed brother, you have a kit, and you are learning, I think that is awesome, if I can help you in any way, just let me know.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Don't be embarrased, did you see what I'm playing on pastor bob LOL
    Yes, I have see pics of your kit, and I think it's very cool. I admire your determination to practice, practice, practice. I admit that I should practice the rudiments even more, but then I have enjoyed just putting together various rhythms. I even have what I call "my own signature piece" already. LOL

User Info Menu

Absolutely no need to be embarrassed brother, you have a kit, and you are learning, I think that is awesome, if I can help you in any way, just let me know.
    Thanks for the encouragement. I have to say that I chose to become involved in DrumChat because people generally seemed to be so encouraging. Yes, I know that things can get a little tense sometimes, but then anyone can have a bad day.

User Info Menu

We could all learn something from drum chick, she is so determined, she has been an inspiration to me.

User Info Menu

We could all learn something from drum chick, she is so determined, she has been an inspiration to me.
    I would agree. Drum chick, you didn't even know that I was out there, but your posts have helped my own determination. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Wow! I'm glad I've been able to inspire people!

User Info Menu

I don't think we'll ever really know how many lives we might have changed for the better (on our good days ). The movie "It's A Wonderful Life" is a good reminder that we are all interconnected in more ways than we know.

User Info Menu

you guys make my day lol

drumchat is amazing
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

I voiced my opinion on something and someone on here told me to grow up(BTW I am 34 years old), simply because I was standing up for what I believe in

Standing up for what you believe in? Oh stop it. You jumped all over HB because he disagreed with you about a KICK PEDAL.....typical of you, though, any time anyone disagrees with you or has an opinion other than yours, you go ballistic on them. And being 34 years old has nothing to do with it......you can only be young once, but you can be immature forever.

And if you can get so wound up over a font on a computer screen, you need to seek help.
    Last edited by BigTallG; 05-10-2007 at 04:28 PM.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

this is about THAT thread? = silly. i just assumed it was over one of them other arguements.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigTallG
    you can only be young once, but you can be immature forever.
    Dude! Did you make that up? Absolutely brilliant. I want that on a t-shirt.

Oh, btw- if we aren't supposed to talk about non-drumming topics, isn't talking about disatisfaction with talking about non-drumming topics talking about a non-drumming topic?

And they wonder why I'm in second place for the most argumentative?

Wait, what am I saying? ddrumbum, how dare BTG talk to you that way! You need to go over to "The Most Argumentative" thread and vote for...urr...against him!
    Last edited by Roaddebris; 05-10-2007 at 05:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris

And they wonder why I'm in second place for the most argumentative?

Wait, what am I saying? ddrumbum, how dare BTG talk to you that way! You need to go over to "The Most Argumentative" thread and vote for...urr...against him!

You are the master of propaganda, my good man.

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

this is the best drum forum I've found out there. I have been guilty of lurking for a while, but I'll try to join in on the conversations a little more often.