Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did Drum Chat???

User Info Menu

Default When did Drum Chat???

Become so damn egotistical, man there are some very swollen heads on this site, and frankly I am very tired of it, this site is beginning to make me feel very unhappy, there is always people arguing and people telling other people what they should or should not do(unfortunately myself included)I am right you are wrong, blah this and blah that, what ever happened to friendly conversations about DRUMS, I am seriously considering moving on to another forum, because it really feels as though some people on this site care more about arguing than drumming, and that is not at all what I am on here for, I will freely admit that I was apart of some of it, and for that I am sorry, unfortunately I let my feelings get the best of me, anyway just needed to vent and maybe say goodbye.

User Info Menu

No need to leave dude, at least from my perspective anyway. If there is an argument like you mentioned (and i know there is - because i'm part of them too) juts ignore it. Anyway, I am like you and have had enough of the actual arguing part. I may voice an opinion or say something I heard on the news, but i really can't be bothered, to quote another member of this site, "going to the mat" over stuff anymore.

Anyway, like I said, no need to leave, plus then we would miss out on your videos, and your the most frequent poster of videos, so that would be a shame for us.

Plus, who would tell us how great ddrum is then?
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    No need to leave dude, at least from my perspective anyway. If there is an argument like you mentioned (and i know there is - because i'm part of them too) juts ignore it. Anyway, I am like you and have had enough of the actual arguing part. I may voice an opinion or say something I heard on the news, but i really can't be bothered, to quote another member of this site, "going to the mat" over stuff anymore.

Anyway, like I said, no need to leave, plus then we would miss out on your videos, and your the most frequent poster of videos, so that would be a shame for us.

Plus, who would tell us how great ddrum is then?

I appreciate that man alot.

I voiced my opinion on something and someone on here told me to grow up(BTW I am 34 years old), simply because I was standing up for what I believe in, I just don't need that kind of crap from some egotistical drum chat guy that thinks he knows everything about everything, and he could do no wrong, he points the finger everywhere else but on himself, god it just really pisses me off, enough to make me leave this site, anyway thanks crazymanwithapluger you are obviously here for the right reason, DRUMS.

User Info Menu

thats why i stay COMPLETLY out of those conversations. as long as we are all drummers, i love you all. as soon as we identify ourselves as christian, atheist, democrat or republican we become people that some other people will not like. things can get heated over what is better...jazz or metal drumming. but, it gets plain stupid when people discuss things religion and politics.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    thats why i stay COMPLETLY out of those conversations. as long as we are all drummers, i love you all. as soon as we identify ourselves as christian, atheist, democrat or republican we become people that some other people will not like. things can get heated over what is better...jazz or metal drumming. but, it gets plain stupid when people discuss things religion and politics.

I couldn't agree more with what you said, but what do you do when someone just basically attacks you for basically nothing, do I just ignore it? Actually that is absolutely what I do, I need to just let it go.

User Info Menu

x2

User Info Menu

Lol, naturally, everyone being drummers, this place is gonna get really egotistical, but i get what you mean, drum talk is sooo much better than the church talk, the church talk has done nothing but make people leave and start flame wars

User Info Menu

ya i know like thats why i suggested keeping those convos out of drumchat but then people were all like "oh if you cant handle it then dont post in those conversations." Just so happens that most of the threads are about stuff other than drums, or it seems that way lately anyways. Like if these threads were causing no harm then there is absolutely no point of removing them, but they are causing harm I mean how many people have left the forum 3-4, and lately I haven't been posting just because it seems like a waste of time. Like it just seems that people are starting to go too far.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    I couldn't agree more with what you said, but what do you do when someone just basically attacks you for basically nothing, do I just ignore it? Actually that is absolutely what I do, I need to just let it go.
    if you put those kinds of personal feelings and beliefs (religious and political) on the line in public, someone is bound to take personal shots at you. face it, people are stupid everywhere you go. its an internet drum forum so i say ignore it and stay out of the trap.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice
    x2
    yeah, like you really stay out of the christian section drama

User Info Menu

yeah, like you really stay out of the christian section drama
    Actually, he has recently. Which says alot I think.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Become so damn egotistical, man there are some very swollen heads on this site, and frankly I am very tired of it, this site is beginning to make me feel very unhappy, there is always people arguing and people telling other people what they should or should not do(unfortunately myself included)I am right you are wrong, blah this and blah that, what ever happened to friendly conversations about DRUMS, I am seriously considering moving on to another forum, because it really feels as though some people on this site care more about arguing than drumming, and that is not at all what I am on here for, I will freely admit that I was apart of some of it, and for that I am sorry, unfortunately I let my feelings get the best of me, anyway just needed to vent and maybe say goodbye.
    ddrumbum, I'd personally hate to see you go. I just got here, and I enjoyed reading your posts, and checking out the vids. I'm new to drumming, and as a pastor I could use all the help that I can get! Besides, I did my newbie initiation to you ddrumbum.

User Info Menu

I don't think removing the religious part of this drum chat would be a good thing. Only because some people like and enjoy to discuss things other then drums. I personally stay out of most threads that are heavily being attacked and defended, it just doesn't float my boat, although it floats other peoples boats. But i do find it kind of weird looking down the 'new threads' and finding 3 quarters of it is other than drums, but maybe it's just a stage that we gotta go through. And ddrumbum, i totally respect you for standing up what you believe in. But i think those kids who say "grow up" and crap like that are not even worth yelling at. Your a grown guy and if some little kid trys to tell you, "your wrong" just feel sorry for the guy, because if he has to have an attitude like that towards an adult, he must have been raised a bit differently then alot of other people. not pointing any fingers here. (all in my opinion.)

User Info Menu

Cool When did Drum Chat become...

No need to leave, man...DrumChat, like any group of people, is a hodge-podge of personalities. Most of them are cool people and I like to think that, although I haven't met another member in person, I could sit down with any of you for a cup of coffee, a soda, or even a beer and talk drums and drumming like you were my buddy next door. In some cases, we'd be sittin' behind the set or--in my case--behind the congas for some serious jammin'! A few others, to be discreet, like nothing better to stir up the...uh...fertilizer...

What we have here are people who'd be arguing in the coffee shop, the bar, in the office...and if I see a subject that raises my blood pressure, I might take a look at it, and if I want to respond, I do. If I don't, I don't. If a member gets to the point he or she upsets too many other members, the moderators will deal with him or her.

Don't give up, ddrumbum--it's dudes and ladies like us who help
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

ddrum I have been here long and i already agree with you, there should be less arguing about things that arent about drums, i enjoy those threads alot they have some cool Topics but when it gets out of hand (like it always does) i just stop looking at them cause its just a battle of who thinks they are right. It would be a bummer to see you go but i understand why and pretty much agree with you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    Actually, he has recently. Which says alot I think.
    i havnt even poked my nose in there for awhile. if thats true im proud of him

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    ddrumbum, I'd personally hate to see you go. I just got here, and I enjoyed reading your posts, and checking out the vids. I'm new to drumming, and as a pastor I could use all the help that I can get! Besides, I did my newbie initiation to you ddrumbum.

Thanks pastor bob and welcome, BTW what do you mean you did the newbie initiation to me lol?

User Info Menu

Ah Kevin, you're not going ANYWHERE and that's my final answer!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin
    I don't think removing the religious part of this drum chat would be a good thing. Only because some people like and enjoy to discuss things other then drums. I personally stay out of most threads that are heavily being attacked and defended, it just doesn't float my boat, although it floats other peoples boats. But i do find it kind of weird looking down the 'new threads' and finding 3 quarters of it is other than drums, but maybe it's just a stage that we gotta go through. And ddrumbum, i totally respect you for standing up what you believe in. But i think those kids who say "grow up" and crap like that are not even worth yelling at. Your a grown guy and if some little kid trys to tell you, "your wrong" just feel sorry for the guy, because if he has to have an attitude like that towards an adult, he must have been raised a bit differently then alot of other people. not pointing any fingers here. (all in my opinion.)
    You are right, thank you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    No need to leave, man...DrumChat, like any group of people, is a hodge-podge of personalities. Most of them are cool people and I like to think that, although I haven't met another member in person, I could sit down with any of you for a cup of coffee, a soda, or even a beer and talk drums and drumming like you were my buddy next door. In some cases, we'd be sittin' behind the set or--in my case--behind the congas for some serious jammin'! A few others, to be discreet, like nothing better to stir up the...uh...fertilizer...

What we have here are people who'd be arguing in the coffee shop, the bar, in the office...and if I see a subject that raises my blood pressure, I might take a look at it, and if I want to respond, I do. If I don't, I don't. If a member gets to the point he or she upsets too many other members, the moderators will deal with him or her.

Don't give up, ddrumbum--it's dudes and ladies like us who help

You are so right, I have met so many great people on this site, and this thread really shows that, and I would love to jam with you man, that would such a great time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Ah Kevin, you're not going ANYWHERE and that's my final answer!!!!

You are such a sweet heart Sue.

Seriously you guys have truly calmed me down and made me realize not to listen to everything people say to me, and to just ignore the people that say disrespect me for standing up for what I believe in.

To all my friends at drum chat THANK YOU.

I feel alot better and I think I will stick around and meet some more great people and throw a few more videos up lol.

User Info Menu

Thanks pastor bob and welcome, BTW what do you mean you did the newbie initiation to me lol?
    Under "General Drum Chat", Drummer posted a thread from newbie initiation. We had to pick a member and post a message of love using the words tender, lingerie, desire, sensual, and oatmeal. I would have addressed drum chick, but she's married, and I'm a pastor! Since I also am playing (OK, pounding on) a ddrum kit (although a beginner kit) I thought I would send you my "love letter." I posted it on 5/6. Hope it gives yo a laugh!

User Info Menu

Check is out Kev, pastor bob's story it's quite good actually :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Check is out Kev, pastor bob's story it's quite good actually :-)
    Thanks, drum chick. You folks make a guy feel real welcome. I look forward to sharing my excitement about drumming with you, as much as I have enjoyed reading about your own passion for drumming. You folks are awesome!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    Under "General Drum Chat", Drummer posted a thread from newbie initiation. We had to pick a member and post a message of love using the words tender, lingerie, desire, sensual, and oatmeal. I would have addressed drum chick, but she's married, and I'm a pastor! Since I also am playing (OK, pounding on) a ddrum kit (although a beginner kit) I thought I would send you my "love letter." I posted it on 5/6. Hope it gives yo a laugh!

I loved it, it was so funny very good job, looking forward to getting to know you.

What kind of ddrums do you play?

Hey drum chat we have another ddrummer in the house YES