Thread: Ozone Cymbals?

User Info Menu

Default Ozone Cymbals?

I see a lot of Ozone cymbals but what is really the purpose of these? The ringing stops faster or what? and what do you mean by playing open handed?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ozone Cymbals?

Playing open handed is similar to playing left handed. You play a normal beat, but (for a right handed drummer) with your left hand on your hi hat and right on your snare.

The Ozone cymbals are simply another design feature to give a different sound. In the case of Ozones, they deliver a bright, shimmering sound. Lovely cymbals actually, I've got one on my wish list.

Check out YouTube for comparisons.
    A scouse drummer who isn't Ringo.

User Info Menu

I've got an ozone. See photo below, bottom right. Indeed bright, sometimes warmish and trashy. Good as said above to "interview" some online or at local shop (if they carry them) to get a better idea. Like mine, particularly in combination with others. Also, hit with different intensity (light versus hard, etc.) can bring very different feel.

"I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

Ozone: An effects cymbal made by Sabian. They are crash cymbals with holes cut out of them for a trashier sound that falls in between a crash and a china.

Open handed playing: Leading with your non dominant hand on a kit set for your dominant hand. IE: Leading with your left hand on a righty kit/leading with your right hand on a lefty kit.
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

Ohhh. I've been searching about what the description/sound is but all I saw were like how to make homemade ones. HAHAHA Thanks guys!

User Info Menu

Well the sound like a china... trashy and loud. but they're shaped like a crash
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

ive got a zht efx and its roughly the same as an ozone and ive made a homemade ozone they are just a trashier crash. i use them on my kit as the big chinas can tend to get overpowering and loud when ive played them whereas they seem to have the same volume as a crash
    | Yamaha Stage Custom | Sabian AAX | Dream |