Thread: newbie help

User Info Menu

Default newbie help

Hi all,

I'm new to drumming - when i say new, i dont own any drums yet but i'm looking.

is there a beginners section here where i can look fr advice on whats good and bad etc?

thanks in advance,

dunc

User Info Menu

Default Re: newbie help

Welcome to Drum Chat deadlyd!

We love to help out new drummers, so feel free to ask any questions that you might have. The more specific your questions, the more specific our answers can be. If you are just looking for thoughts on how you can begin the search for a new kit, we can help with that too.

BTW, checking for good used kits is a way to get a better quality kit and keep it within a budget. Check out kits through online retailers to see what is available, and check out Professor Sound's Drum Tuning Bible (google it) and read the section of drum buying. It will educate you on things you need to know to make an informed decision.

Again, welcome!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: newbie help

thanks for that Bob,

I slowly got my good lady from "NO!" through "Maybe..." to "yes ok, soon" on the drum front so its only a matter of time before i grind her down with my incessant

me: "can I have some drums yet?"
    her: "no"

me: "can I have some drums yet?"
    her: "no"

ad infinitum...

So I'm looking to spend up to approx. £500 u.k. for a full kit inc. cymbals and stands and throne and and and everything else really. i recently read some fairly positive reviews about Pearl Forum kits (any good) which are about that much but i will check out Professor Sound before i make a firm decision.

thanks again,

Dunc