Thread: LP Calliente Congas

User Info Menu

Default LP Calliente Congas

I found a used Calliente Conga at a GC in Chicago. I live just outside of Detroit, so I can't see it. I do not see this on the LP website. Might this be worth $80 + shipping? I currently do not own any congas.
    Jack

May this be the best day you ever had and the worst you ever will. Trinity House Mudslinger.

User Info Menu

Default Re: LP Calliente Congas

The Caliente model was kind of a middle of the road model. Not really pro grade, but much better than their beginner stuff. The one thing to really look at it is their height, they are 28" as opposed to the standard 30". Some players like this better, its all preference, but just remember that if you were to add drums down the line, you'll want to look for 28" drums. $80 sounds like a decent price, though if shipping is more than $20, your probably going to end up paying too much. A new set of Calientes with a stand can be purchased for around $300, so anything over $100 for 1 used drum is probably not going to be worth it.
    *****GRETSCH****BOSPHORUS****AQUARIAN****VALJE**** *

User Info Menu

Jack, if you are just beginning hand drums.. and like gretchead said if its for both and they are in good or better condition then go ahead..I know Redford..the last band I was in (long long ago in a time far away ) we played at Redford Union High for a benefit..was in the local paper, good time. If you do go ahead with the purchase and with our tech. have seller take and send some to you from all angles..may help in decision
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

28" hieght is often prefeered by Conga Players that play sitting down.

If you plan on playing sitting down, then consider the LP rubber feet for congas. This allows a fuller tone and the bass tones to be fuller. These rubber feet are very compact and cost effective.

Enjoy your new congas.