Thread: a couple questions

User Info Menu

Default a couple questions

I am getting my first job this summer and putting half towards my set. As of now, my set is pretty basic pacific set up. I have 2 rack toms(10x12”, 11x13”) and a floor tom (16x16”) I am planning on completley taking off both rack toms, and replacing them with just one 8x10" Rack Tom. i am planning on getting a db pedal but don't really know what would be good for me. I'd rather spend more for something that is worth it, but i don't want to spend way too much. and also i am planning on replacing all my drum heads. does anyone reccomend anything?
    I am somewhat new to drums and have only been playing about a year so I've never shopped for new heads or a db pedal..

User Info Menu

well first of all ayross welcome to the number one best drum forum in all the world wide web. First of all for getting a double bass pedal I would recommend a DW db pedal maybe a 5000 as those are my personal favourite, however those can be quite pricey, but those will last your entire life most likely. And for drum heads I would recommend Remo or Evans both quality drum head manufacturers, I would recommend Remo, personally thats what I use and Evans are often more expensive and not much better quality if any so Remo I think would be the way to go. Welcome to the forum and keep on drumming, or as BongoBro would say "Keep the beat goin' bro"
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn