View Poll Results: Should I post the video file I have?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I wanna see how badly you suck

11 91.67%
  • No - I don't wanna see how badly you suck

0 0%
  • No - Wait for however long it takes to get something of decent quality, even if that means forever

0 0%
  • I forgot the question

1 8.33%

Thread: What do you think?

User Info Menu

Default What do you think?

Ok, so I have a video, BUT (and trust me, i've got a big but) it is very, very dodgy quality. See, the thing is, on top of my kit being, well, crap at the moment, and my cymbals being the worst excuse for cymbals known to man, on top of that, because of various "technical issues" the only recording device I could use was my phone - it's a good camera phone, but a phone nonetheless.

So that's the first issue - the second issue is that during the various stages of converting the various formats for the video, it went from being slightly out-of-sync to WILDLY out-of-sync, with the video freezing and doing all sorts of wierd stuff.

Now, I am putting it forth to a drum-chat vote as to whether or not I post this video and let you all watch it. The thing is it could be a while before I can do it any other way, due to the already mentioned "technical issues".

So Drum Chat, what do you think - should I post or not?

EDIT: The sound of the video is ok, it doesn't freeze up or anything - it runs just fine - although again it's not the best quality.
    Last edited by crazymanwithaplunger; 05-10-2007 at 11:27 PM.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

i wanna see

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

So far it is 3 to 1 - are you guys sure? I think i'll give it a bit longer before i decide.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    (and trust me, i've got a big butt)
    Yeah, I've heard that about you.

Seriously, go ahead and post it.

User Info Menu

post it! post it! post it!
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Dang tough questions, I wanna see people at their stages of drumming right now. but on the other hand, i dont want people to see the.. lets say, lower level skilled drummers

User Info Menu

I wanna see your drumming and your butt!

User Info Menu

So far you all wanna see, except one, who forgot the question, so I guess I will post it.

Now be WARNED - like I said the quality is very bad, and the durms are very loud and boomy, mainly because they are crap, but also because the room is very echoey, as I have mentioned in other posts.

EDIT: Ok, myspace keeps timing out, i'll have to post it later
    Last edited by crazymanwithaplunger; 05-11-2007 at 08:52 PM.

User Info Menu

View at your own peril - and please, I know my kit sounds like crap, have already mentioned. Other than that, please tell me what you think. Bare in mind that I was not going for a "stroke for stroke" duplicate of the original - I am me and I play my own style and that. Also, this was like the second time I have played this song.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2028640795

User Info Menu

now that i have seen that, i would really like to see a video where all is in sync. you definately can play though from the sounds of it. nice one

User Info Menu

ya good playing theres no denying that

I still think it was a good idea posting

you werent kidding about your big butt were you?? lol
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

nothin with that man, just need some better quality