Thread: Locking clutch on Yamaha DTX hi-hat?

User Info Menu

Default Locking clutch on Yamaha DTX hi-hat?

I'm trying to figure out how to lock down my hi-hat. Any suggestions?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Locking clutch on Yamaha DTX hi-hat?

need a little more info .. like which hat do you have.
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

Can you take a pic of what you are using?
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Toad View Post
    need a little more info .. like which hat do you have.
    I guess what I'm really looking to figure out is . . . can I use a locking clutch for a normal hi hat on a Yamaha RHH135?

(I've already programmed a "closed hi hat" sound when it's open, so I can simulate it through the module and play double bass - but I'd like to be able to physically lock down the pedal regardless what drumset profile I've got set on the module).

User Info Menu

I use the hh135 and I believe that you would be able to use normal clutch but the one that comes with it has a little pin off to the side to keep the HH from rotating. when not clamped down. also the hh135 comes with a base plate that gives a surface for the bottom of the hat to come down on to "close" the hats. if you dont have that base plate you might have to simulate it somehow to make your open/close and hat splashes work correctly. the base is 3.5 inches in diameter if you have to try and recreate it.
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Toad View Post
    if you dont have that base plate you might have to simulate it somehow to make your open/close and hat splashes work correctly. the base is 3.5 inches in diameter if you have to try and recreate it.
    Base plate: