Thread: new bands sounding the same

User Info Menu

Question new bands sounding the same

a lot of the bands are trying to do the same things like a lot of punk bands that have came out don't add anything new like greenday did..

Do you think a lot of bands are sounding the same
    YES or No

User Info Menu

i think petty much everything popular sounds the same....with a few exceptions, the main labels know what sound sells albums so they only sign bands with a certain sound...

User Info Menu

Post Bands

Korn made up their own style and the didn't sound like any one. Aso Greenday and thats why their so popular. New punk bands all sound the same meaning nothing diffrant in how the play the drums,guitar,bass guitars,and voices.
    Its not how much you know its how good you play what you know.

User Info Menu

yeah that happens.....once the majority gets sick of the same sounds over and over then some new band will come along and change the music industry...then all the bands after will follow...and the cycle continues

User Info Menu

Yellow Card Rocks!!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

most bands on mtv suck. (most not all)

User Info Menu

i do like yellow card....the whole violin thing gets pretty groovy at times

User Info Menu

i think its funny how into the song the violinist gets... he'll like headbang when not playing... violins dont remind me of headbanging but thats just me
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

Default new bands sounding the same

Hey, sped--ever hear the cliche "Everything old is new again?"

Utopia's nailed it, bro'. One artist or group sets a style and everyone tries to copy it...it was true when everyone wanted to sound like the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, right up to Korn, Green Day, etc.

It takes cast-iron cojones to come up with something different and to stick with it...

Keep the beat' goin'!

User Info Menu

Default Re: new bands sounding the same

Sorry for the late response!

I agree with the above, a lot of people copy successful bands, therefor they follow the same sound, and it turns out being a knock off band...
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Default Re: new bands sounding the same

there's a whole world out there ..MTV is not the means to an end