Thread: What about these?

User Info Menu

Default What about these?

I don't really know much about hand percussion but I was looking at these and wondering "What would Bongobro, or 1DrumBum say?"
    So I'll ask
    What do you guys think about these
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

the performers are an intermediate line, but are still quite nice. 599. for a whole set w/ bongos seems like a nice deal. unless you are in need of a "pro" set, these will work well for almost any situation.

User Info Menu

Cool What about these?

Hey, CC, I concur with the funkster on this one. Apparently the Performer Series has replaced the old CP and Matador lines...and I have both CP fiberglass and wood congas, so I've essentially played them for years. The rims look like a cross between ordinary rims and Comfort Curve rims (my fiberglass congas have them, my wooden ones don't).

If I were buyin' them, I'd go with the light wood finish, but that's a purely personal choice, since the other finishes look a little cheaper to me.

You might also want to check out the Remo bongos and congas--my fifth conga is a Remo tumba with a NuSkyn head that has really surprised me with the the depth of its bass sound...and you'll recall my review of the Remo bongos, which--if I were buyin' new--would be at the top of my list.

If you can get a similar deal on the Remos, I'd get those rather than the LPs, but either would be a good mid-range set of congas and bongos--and for a dude who's startin' out, you won't be disappointed either way.

Enjoy 'em, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Sweet thanks guys!

My dad will most likely MAKE me get a summer job, so I'll have money. Maybe not enough for those, but to start myself on world percussion.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.