Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Welcome Vic, glad you stumbled! LOL.. this is one fantastic drum info site as you will soon see, so start your posts and pics.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Name-MelZ

Age-51

Gender- F

Drums- 66 Ludwigs

Fav- Tain

Inaband?- yes

See Dead?- saw my Dad

How find- Google

User Info Menu

welcome sister
    enjoy your stay

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

howdy y'all!

this thread was suggested to me, so, here we go...

my name is hidden in my username

ive been around the sun 48 times

im a male biped

ive been playin a 1954 sonor 3 ply maple, for as long as i can remember

i like lots of drummers, but, my top 2 are vinnie colaiuta & jojo mayer

not currently in a band, but, i do tracks for a few friends, im enjoying cultivating my solo playing, and, im back into studying with a teacher of mine, life is real good!

i see more sleeping people, than dead people, but, it appears many are waking up...

i found drum chat on the internet, i just acquired a 4 piece yamaha recording custom drum set, and was doing some research about them, and i was lucky enough to be guided here. this site is amazing! it feels real good to be part of an international hub of drummers

thanx for having me!

rock steady
    if you ask a drummer what time it is?!? they're likely to respond with a time signature "oh, it's 4/4"....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kennabis View Post
    howdy y'all!

this thread was suggested to me, so, here we go...

my name is hidden in my username

ive been around the sun 48 times

im a male biped

ive been playin a 1954 sonor 3 ply maple, for as long as i can remember

i like lots of drummers, but, my top 2 are vinnie colaiuta & jojo mayer

not currently in a band, but, i do tracks for a few friends, im enjoying cultivating my solo playing, and, im back into studying with a teacher of mine, life is real good!

i see more sleeping people, than dead people, but, it appears many are waking up...

i found drum chat on the internet, i just acquired a 4 piece yamaha recording custom drum set, and was doing some research about them, and i was lucky enough to be guided here. this site is amazing! it feels real good to be part of an international hub of drummers

thanx for having me!

rock steady

welcome home ken
    have fun

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

welcome
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Introduce Yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Mommydrummer View Post
    Name-MelZ

Age-51

Gender- F

Drums- 66 Ludwigs

Fav- Tain

Inaband?- yes

See Dead?- saw my Dad

How find- Google

Welcome Meltz to the forum but you did'nt have to tell us all that much about yourself LOL We tend to try and keep our age etc pretty hidden. I can say that I am in your age group and so many of us. Hope to see you post soon.

User Info Menu

Welcome to all the new members as we always need new blood and ideas around here.

User Info Menu

Welcome Mommydrummer and Ken...Ken your sonor had the same born on date as ME! Ha ha..enjoy this place...but most of all don't forget to.......
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Hi Mommy and Ken!

Is it just me or does ken's username sound like "cannabis"?
    Hmm, might have to run that one by one of the mods.. just kidding around :P welcome aboard!
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Welcome Mommydrummer and kennabis! Look forward to your posts.
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

- Name: Jeff
    - Male
    - Kit: Pearl Vision Maple in Silver Sparkle lacquer with a Pearl Masters MCX Snare
    Zildian ZHT cymbals, Pearl 2000 series pedals
    - Favorite Drummers: Dave Grohl, John Bonham, Dominic Howard
    - In a band: Nope
    - I don't see dead people

User Info Menu

Ken, Mommy and Morley.....Welcome...great place in here

User Info Menu

Welcome Morley!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Hi all, i'm new here, finally found this thread, I just bought a TD-9 Rocker about a month ago, 50 years old, this is my first kit since i was in high school so i'm playing catch up.. hope to read and learn as i go, and gather tips ect.. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yzmike View Post
    Hi all, i'm new here, finally found this thread, I just bought a TD-9 Rocker about a month ago, 50 years old, this is my first kit since i was in high school so i'm playing catch up.. hope to read and learn as i go, and gather tips ect.. Thanks!
    Welcome to DC yzmike! Great to have you here!

You will definitely find a lot of tips and information, there is an overflowing abundance of it here!
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Welcome to drumchat yzmike! Stoked to have you aboard, that's a real nice kit you chose there. Lots of great threads on various topics laying around, if you have any trouble finding what you're looking for the search feature should come in quite handy.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Thanks Drumrookie and Russ for the welcome!

User Info Menu

I've got some catching up to do. Welcome to Drum Chat Mommy Drummer, Ken, morleyz, and yzmike!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hi all, thought I'd say hello now I'm approved!

Living in New Zealand, male, 31...

I'm as new to drums as you can get, bought my first ever kit on Saturday. After looking at a few very cheap kits I ended up spending a little more and bought a tama swingstar set with paiste 101 cymbals. Hopefully it is worth the extra few $$ over the generic ones.

I don't think I've ever even hit a drum before, but have wanted some for a few years now. Have been watching many many vids and lessons online for a few weeks, so now have to put that into practice.

Already looking into future upgrades not sure I totally love the sound from them at the moment, so some new heads may be in order I guess. They ring a 'lot' at the moment, though the tuning won't be great either (I'm trying).

Looking forward to learning lots.

Cheers

User Info Menu

Welcome to drumchat Pearly! Sounds like you're off to a good start, Paiste was actually one of the first brands of cymbals I played on as well. I think they'll do you good, make sure to pick up some moongel so you have a little more control over the tone. The way I tune is in a star pattern such as this one below, and keeping it even until I reach the pitch I want. After I get the drum to that pitch, I hit near each lug to make sure they all tonally match. I use a drumdial to save time, but it's not necessary to have.

I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Welcome new Drum Chat members! Kick off your shoes and stay awhile!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Welcome to drumchat Pearly! Sounds like you're off to a good start, Paiste was actually one of the first brands of cymbals I played on as well. I think they'll do you good, make sure to pick up some moongel so you have a little more control over the tone. The way I tune is in a star pattern such as this one below, and keeping it even until I reach the pitch I want. After I get the drum to that pitch, I hit near each lug to make sure they all tonally match. I use a drumdial to save time, but it's not necessary to have.

Thanks Russ. I've been trying to tune like that, but I guess my ears just aren't good enough yet.

I've tried to get some moongel but it seems like everywhere has a waiting list!! Looking for alternatives now. Found an old gel wrist pad that people use for typing. I've cut out a strip of the gel and washed it, but I think it might be TOO sticky. A bit worried it will pull the coating off the heads. :p

User Info Menu

Look for packs of gels at your local pharmacy/dollarstore/artstore. Usually you'll see them more often around the holidays, but some places carry stuff year round. I don't think they will dampen quite as much as a moongel does, but they are less expensive and more plentiful. Should look something like these:
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Your Name: Jumpwing
    Male or Female: M
    What type of Drums do you play: 1986 Tama Swingstar 6-piece (but that's about to change)
    Who is your Favorite Drummer: Too hard to pick a favorite, but Steve Smith definitely qualifies
    Are you in a band: Yes, on rare occasions we get to play in front of people
    Do you see dead people: I used to, but they would never return my calls
    How did you find Drum Chat: Google search for drum info

Howdy everyone.

I've been drumming off/on for about 20 years using a Tama Swingstar kit I bought from a buddy of mine in the Army. It's a good kit but I've been saving my pennies for an upgrade. The Swingstar is a 6-piece mahogany (c. 1986) 10x9, 12x11, 13x12, 16x16, and 22x16 kick, and just as big and boomy as you would expect from a 1980s kit. I've definitely learned a lot about drums in the last 20 years so now I want to trim the size and improve the tone. I'm tired of "big and boomy" and the tom depths push the batter heads up higher than where I like to play.

I had a helluva time trying to decide what the replacement would be. The contenders were Pearl MCX, Sonor Ascent, and Mapex Saturn. Somebody clued me in to Dale's in Pennsylvania where I found a brand spanking new Force 3007 kit in Autumn Fade for $660 which I just bought today; should be here in a week or so. My budget was $1500 for shells so this frees up money for other goodies (I play guitar, too).

I'm really looking forward to getting this Sonor kit and taking it for that first drive. 10x8, 12x9, 14x14 FT, 20x17.5 BD, 14x5 SN. I bought the tom holders but I'm also getting a Gibraltar rack because I like the convenience and the fact that it eliminates a lot of floor clutter.

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Seriously, this next week is going to kill me.