Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1558

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Your Name (it's OK if you want to keep your real name private):Lance Phillips
    Male or Female:Male
    What type of Drums do you play:DW Performance Series,DW5000/9000 series hardware,and Sabian AAX Cymbals
    Who is your Favorite Drummer:Hard to pick one but I've been stuck on Rich Redmond's music lately
    Are you in a band:No
    Do you see dead people:On the History Channel all the time
    How did you find Drum Chat:Google Search

User Info Menu

Hi all,names mike. Currently play a Yamaha gigmaker and a premier pk,which I'm restoring.I'm in a band,have been for many years,and gig about twice a month as I work full time. I'm 50 years young,and came to music late in life,mid 30's I think. Any how nice to meet you all,see you in the forums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lancejoker View Post
    Your Name (it's OK if you want to keep your real name private):Lance Phillips
    Male or Female:Male
    What type of Drums do you play:DW Performance Series,DW5000/9000 series hardware,and Sabian AAX Cymbals
    Who is your Favorite Drummer:Hard to pick one but I've been stuck on Rich Redmond's music lately
    Are you in a band:No
    Do you see dead people:On the History Channel all the time
    How did you find Drum Chat:Google Search
    Quote Originally Posted by anglicus View Post
    Hi all,names mike. Currently play a Yamaha gigmaker and a premier pk,which I'm restoring.I'm in a band,have been for many years,and gig about twice a month as I work full time. I'm 50 years young,and came to music late in life,mid 30's I think. Any how nice to meet you all,see you in the forums

Welcome to DC Mike and Lance

User Info Menu

Welcome lance and ang!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Your Name: Kev
    Male or Female: Male
    What type of Drums do you play? Ludwig Epic, and then 3 Yamaha DTXplorers
    Who is your favourite Drummer? The guy that turned me on to drums was Mr. Mitchell.
    Are you in a band? RavenEye
    Do you see dead people? The question is, do the dead see people?
    How did you find Drum Chat? Google

User Info Menu

Name: Mike
    Type of Drums: Pearl Drums, Zildjian Cymbals.
    Favorite Drummer: Clive Burr, Mikkey Dee.
    In a band: Thunder Arc, but I'm the Bass player.
    Do I see dead people: I plead the fifth.
    How did I find Drum Chat? Someone mentioned it on TalkBass.com

User Info Menu

So I registered here a few years ago, then life took hold and I forgot about this site, so here's my intro...better late than never, right?

Name: Billy
    Type of drums: A high end Pacific (bought used, saving up for a better set)
    Favorite Drummer: Dave Weckle, Vinny Colaiuta, Terry Bozzio
    In a band: Not at the moment. Just practice, practice, practice!!
    See dead people: All the time.
    How did I find Drum Chat: I registered here over four years ago....I'm lucky I remember what I did yesterday, let alone how I found this site back then.

To add to that, I'll mention that I'm predominantly a rock drummer who's looking to broaden my drumming abilities a LOT more. I'm self taught, for the most part, and spent the last 15 years being content as a mediocre drummer who never even practiced rudiments. Needless to say, I'm very motivated to get better, and have recently developed a practice routine to improve all aspects of my playing. Any tips and suggestions anyone can give me is very much appreciated and VERY welcome.

So, finally after joining four years ago, a huge "HELLO" to all the fellow drummers. I definitely look forward to being a part of this site.

User Info Menu

New here as well...thought I'd introduce myself.

Name: Craig
    Type of drums: '67 Rogers Holiday and a PDP CX
    Favorite Drummer: Buddy Rich, John Bonham
    In a band: yup. Adrienne O. www.adrienneo.com
    See dead people: Not lately
    How did I find Drum Chat: I've been reading the forum for years and thought it was time to register. Love it!

User Info Menu

hi there,

This board has been really helpful reading. I'm a 30+ year guitarist, bassist and got curious about drums last year. I really wanted to learn more about how drummers play for my song writing, that lead to a Yamaha DD65 so I could trigger EZdrummer2 and I figured tapping out rhythms on the pads would help my general timing on guitar. After considering some electronic kits I picked up a Sonor Martini kit and have decided to learn how to play. Very psyched. I'm a natural lefty but I play guitar righty with some regrets so right now I'm playing drums set up lefty. Not sure if I should setup the kit righty and play open handed but I'll work it out. My right foot is OK but my right hand is really weak so we'll see.

Thanks in advance for helping answer my newbie questions.

Cheers,

Bob

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bgood View Post
    hi there,

This board has been really helpful reading. I'm a 30+ year guitarist, bassist and got curious about drums last year. I really wanted to learn more about how drummers play for my song writing, that lead to a Yamaha DD65 so I could trigger EZdrummer2 and I figured tapping out rhythms on the pads would help my general timing on guitar. After considering some electronic kits I picked up a Sonor Martini kit and have decided to learn how to play. Very psyched. I'm a natural lefty but I play guitar righty with some regrets so right now I'm playing drums set up lefty. Not sure if I should setup the kit righty and play open handed but I'll work it out. My right foot is OK but my right hand is really weak so we'll see.

Cheers,

Bob
    Welcome Bob! Glad you found this place!! Pull up a chair and stay awhile!! It's cool that you were able to pick up the drums pretty quick.....ask questions and you'll get some friendly advice...no questions considered dumb..
    Last edited by late8; 12-10-2014 at 04:51 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KevHickman View Post
    Your Name: Kev
    What type of Drums do you play? Ludwig Epic, and then 3 Yamaha DTXplorers
    Who is your favourite Drummer? The guy that turned me on to drums was Mr. Mitchell.
    Are you in a band? RavenEye
    Do you see dead people? The question is, do the dead see people?
    How did you find Drum Chat? Google
    Quote Originally Posted by mike n View Post
    Name: Mike
    Type of Drums: Pearl Drums, Zildjian Cymbals.
    Favorite Drummer: Clive Burr, Mikkey Dee.
    In a band: Thunder Arc, but I'm the Bass player.
    Do I see dead people: I plead the fifth.
    How did I find Drum Chat? Someone mentioned it on TalkBass.com
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCDrummer View Post
    So I registered here a few years ago, then life took hold and I forgot about this site, so here's my intro...better late than never, right?

Name: Billy
    Type of drums: A high end Pacific (bought used, saving up for a better set)
    Favorite Drummer: Dave Weckle, Vinny Colaiuta, Terry Bozzio
    In a band: Not at the moment. Just practice, practice, practice!!
    How did I find Drum Chat: I registered here over four years ago....I'm lucky I remember what I did yesterday, let alone how I found this site back then.

To add to that, I'll mention that I'm predominantly a rock drummer who's looking to broaden my drumming abilities a LOT more. I'm self taught, for the most part, and spent the last 15 years being content as a mediocre drummer who never even practiced rudiments. Needless to say, I'm very motivated to get better, and have recently developed a practice routine to improve all aspects of my playing. Any tips and suggestions anyone can give me is very much appreciated and VERY welcome.

So, finally after joining four years ago, a huge "HELLO" to all the fellow drummers. I definitely look forward to being a part of this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdeleone View Post
    New here as well...thought I'd introduce myself.

Name: Craig
    Type of drums: '67 Rogers Holiday and a PDP CX
    Favorite Drummer: Buddy Rich, John Bonham
    In a band: yup. Adrienne O. www.adrienneo.com
    See dead people: Not lately
    How did I find Drum Chat: I've been reading the forum for years and thought it was time to register. Love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by bgood View Post
    hi there,

Cheers,

Bob
    Welcome to DC!

User Info Menu

Smile Re: Introduce Yourself!

What's up fellow drummers!

Your Name:Kevin

Male or Female? Male

What type of Drums do you play? Sound Percussion/Tama (Looking to upgrade)

Who is your Favorite Drummer? Nathan Young (Anberlin), Tatsuya
    Amano(Crossfaith), Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, (A7X), Dave Grohl (Foo
    Fighters), Anup Sastry (Intervals).

Are you in a band? I play on my church worship team

Do you see dead people? Actually yes, I work as a volunteer firefighter and am in Paramedic school, so Yes, I do see dead people.

How did you find Drum Chat? Link from a forum to this site.

Looking forward to using this site!

|----------- Keep Calm and Drum On --------------|
    Kevin D

Sound Percussion Toms & Kick (currently upgrading)
    Tama Metal Imperialstar snare
    Evans EC2 Heads + Emad kick & Onyx
    Kickport
    14" Zildjian Quick Beat HH
    19" Zildjian A Custom Crash
    8" Radian Splash
    20" Meinl Classic Custom Medium Ride
    18" Sabian Paragon Crash
    14" Han-Chi China
    DW 7000 Double Pedal
    Pro-Mark & VF Sticks (7A typically)

User Info Menu

Welcome Kevin D!

User Info Menu

Your Name (it's OK if you want to keep your real name private)
    Age Dirt aint got nothing on me!
    Male or Female? is this a preference question?
    What type of Drums do you play? the kind you play
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? anyone who has a drum in front of them
    Are you in a band? dare I say no?
    Do you see dead people? now or ever?
    How did you find Drum Chat? your fav search engine of course

Hello! Sorry, I had to have a little fun with that. I am sure that I am not the only joker in this forum.
    Steve here from Cols, Ohio. 55 yr old beginner. I know, beginner. Hopefully I am not alone in the beginner role. I have always wanted to learn to play and finally have the opportunity to do so. Drums are just one of many interests. Not looking to be the next anyone. I was one of those guys beating on the dash, legs, pick up two sticks off the ground. So a year ago, a friend offered a Yamaha power special kit for cheap and I bought it. So I thought small investment, let's see how it goes.
    Favorite drummer is really anyone that knows how to play and plays with passion. Bonham and Buddy Rich are old favs. I really do not have anything to offer really, I am here to soak up as much knowledge as possible and further my development. Thanks for letting me join!

dahctorj Guest

Hi my name is Chad and I am an Alcoholic...doh, wrong forum.

Name: Chad
    Type of drums: I like them Crappy
    Favorite Drummer: Danny Carrey, Mikkey Dee
    In a band: Nope.
    How did I find Drum Chat: Buying new drums

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC Steve and Chad! Kick off your shoes and stay awhile.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Welcome to DC Steve and Chad! Kick off your shoes and stay awhile.
    thank you sir

User Info Menu

Hi I'm the old returning drummer. I use this handle for obvious reasons. After a mis spent youth playing playing in very loud but not very good garage bands I settled down to a career in mechanical drafting and getting married. Now at age 63 I've got the itch again. I'm slowly putting a kit together. Already have Zildjian New Beat hats, Zildjian A 18" combo crash ride, and Zildjian 16" med crash. A 90's vintage made in Japan Pearl chrome snare. (A retirement gift from my older brother.) I have on order a Yamaha Stage Custom shell pack. When these arrive it's time to annoy the wife and scare the cat.
    Last edited by Old returning drummer; 01-20-2015 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Forgot this part.

User Info Menu

welcome back to the drumming field Old Returning Drummer

User Info Menu

Good to see your coming back! Be sure to post some pics of the new kit when it arrives.

User Info Menu

Hello everyone...

Your Name: Edward Mosier

Male or Female? : I am a man, I am sorry, I will try to do better....

What type of Drums do you play 9 piece Obelisk (custom kit customized by me)

Who is your Favorite Drummer: no real favorites, lots of excellent drummers out there who have come and gone. Early years Ringo most influential, later Neil Peart,

Are you in a band: I play guitar in a 60s/70s cover band, and play drums, bass, guitar in our church worship teams...

Do you see dead people: only when I look in the mirror...

How did you find Drum Chat: google search

I have played on and off over the years since I was 15 years old. Learned in high school from a guy that was a drummer in the military. First 3 months snare drum stuff only.
    Played in couple bands in those days, then life got in the way sold everything.
    I got back into it in 96 when my 2nd wife said to her worship leader "my husband knows how to play drums...", then the bug bit me again.
    Learned bass a little later on, picked up guitar again and have not looked back.

Found this site from a google search and been hanging out for a while, lots of good information form a lot of good people. Hope to contribute a little here and there...

Ed

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC Edward! Nice to have you here!!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Please let us know:
    Greetings!

Your Name: Tom Cox
    Male or Female? Male
    What type of Drums do you play? pdp X7, dw 9000 pedals, Sabian AAX cymbals
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Mike Portnoy
    Are you in a band? Yes
    Do you see dead people? All the time. They don't know they're dead...
    How did you find Drum Chat? On the Interwebs

I've been on this page a few times the last couple years from search engine results, and thought I'd finally join. Here's my baby:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cox View Post
    Please let us know:
    Greetings!

Your Name: Tom Cox
    Male or Female? Male
    What type of Drums do you play? pdp X7, dw 9000 pedals, Sabian AAX cymbals
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Mike Portnoy
    Are you in a band? Yes
    Do you see dead people? All the time. They don't know they're dead...
    How did you find Drum Chat? On the Interwebs

I've been on this page a few times the last couple years from search engine results, and thought I'd finally join. Here's my baby:

Welcome Tom!

Be sure to post more detailed pics of your drumset either under the PDP section or the Show Us Your Drums, or Driver's Seat View. Or all.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Since I'm new to Drumchat.com (discovered it today) I would love to introduce myself.

My name is Anthony Eckhard, I am 19 years old and I live in the small (and very rainy at this right moment ) Netherlands. I am a student at Rock City Institute which I think you don't know what it is yet. So I explain that later.

I play drums since I turned 13 years old ( if you won't count any previous tries on some buckets. ) and when I became 18 I did an audition at Rock City Institute an education for drums. That's about me let's talk about my favorite drummer(s)

- Gavin Harrison. Why? Go check him out, nothing more to say except that dude has some technique and sound!
    - The one and only Ginger Baker. NOT IN PERSON!! as a drummer and yes I had to shout it out because that dude is not a fantastic person but a fantastic drummer!
    - Questlove. He's tight as hell behind the drumset! that groove's he's my master!

Hey remember it now, this was a drum forum let's talk about drums because you probably wonder what kind of drums I play (If you don't it's okay ) I mostly play Sonor Drums with some small sizes. anything bigger than 22" is a no go for me (now) I love the sound of 20" kicks and some 16" sound incredible!!! But this is because I don't play Rock (I know it's in the name of my school ) My favorite genres to play are Soul, (old) RB, Jazz, Funk and Pop

Normally I work as an session artist at some bands and I have my own band Yasmin (Just started of) I have played in a lot of bands which were all not quite active enough!

So the last questions
    Do you see dead people? Yes often in movies, mostly Horror of course not in Real life
    How did you find Drum Chat? The all mighty Google.com
    My Brands
    Sonor Drums | Dream cymbals | Vic Firth | Remo Drumheads |

Current projects:
    The Martial | Pop Rock with Country Influences