Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1558

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Hi, Im Scott. I'm 35, and have been drumming since I was 10.

My current set is a Pearl Masters 10, 12, 14, 16, with a 22 kick in the wine red finish. I have an ok selection of snares, my favorites being a Dunnett 6.5x14 SS and a custom block snare. I think the block snare is made of bubinga, and it is close to a half inch thick (really nasty). I use a variety of Zildjian, Sabian, and Meinl cymbals. I don't mind mixing brands. The way I feel about it is no one is paying me to use their gear, so I'll use what sounds best to me.

I also play a lot of hand percussion. I stared with bongos and a djembe, but have since branched out to congas, cajon (my fav), tumbora, dumbeck, and udu drums. I would really like to start playing tablas, but I find the proper technique to be a little daunting.

I'm currently in a "project" for a blues/rock band. We will be recording 10original songs this month. I'm not to sure where the band will go after we record, as the singer-songwriter, and his fiancée (who is fronting all the money for studio time), have been tight lipped about the future of the band. I'm not to sure what to make of the whole situation, and neither are the rest of the guys in the band. Any suggestions on how to handle this situation from other musicians would be welcomed.

Back to the list of questions

Favorite drummers: Steve Smith, Jojo, Gavin, Lang, Greb..........
    Do I see dead people: No
    sign: Scorpio
    I enjoy: long walks on the beach, sunsets, and kittens

Ok, I'll stop there

User Info Menu

Eric Anderson, 50, Male

I've been Playing Tama Starclassic drums for 10 years, with a nice collection of Zildjian and Sabian Cymbals.

Love Joe Morello, Stewart Copeland, Carter Beauford, Mike Portnoy, Rayford Griffin, and the list goes on and on and on....

Staying busy with Ron Rodgers and the Last Chance Saloon Band in California's San Joaquin Valley

No on the dead people... so far!!!

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Eric, Bongos, Anthony, Tom and Drumed! Great to have you as a member of our family.

User Info Menu

Hi,
    I'm John. Just joinded the site. I've been playing off and on for about 35 years. My favorite of all time is Neil Peart. My style is kind of a Peart, meets Weckl, meets Scott Travis. I play Tama, the new Superstar Classic Maple series. I don't see dead people! I look forward to participating in the site.

User Info Menu

Welcome John! Great to have you hear buddy!

User Info Menu

Welcome everyone! DC is a great site.

Tex

User Info Menu

Hello I'm Jerry..I've been playing only a couple of years..I'm still working out of the Carmine Appice book. I'm a long time guitarist doing a solo project and using Addictive drums only wasn't cutting it. So I decided to learn how to play. I just upload pictures to my cheap verve kit on the show us your drums thread and I have like a DTXplorer kit that I'm using to trigger addictive drums in Reaper..

When I'm not playing out of Appice's book.. I'm jamming to old records,mostly Priest,Maiden,sabbath,Purple records but I'm also learning different beats like Latin,Country waltz beats as well..Looking for any advice that will help me improve. slowly learning my rudiments ,getting better with the single bass pedal..I love drummers like Lee Kerslake,Rat Scabbies,Billy Cobham
    I kind of feel like it's better to master Single pedal before a drummer jumps all into double bass pedals. I also kind of feel like the Led Zep guys who only wanted single pedal because it can get too busy. Space is important. I love big kits though when I see guys playing only the jazz kits I guess the more you know the less you need! lol

Yeah a lot of the songs I jam to,I'm not able to do all the fast fills someone like Bill Ward or Ian Paice plays but I'm slowly getting down things like 16 note triplet fills and 6 stroke roll fills and I'm starting to recognize those things when I hear them.

But yeah I will like put on "Master's of Reality" or "Screaming for Vengeance "and will play to the whole album.
    My kit while it's very very cheap really sounds pretty good and is a blast to play I guess I play at least 2 hours a day. been doing it for a while now and I'm starting to see results. that and watching youtube videos.. anyways I'm online a lot send me a message if you just want to chat. I love to talk drum technique and I'm also pretty competent guitarist on things like music theory I use to teach guitar once upon a time.. God bless

User Info Menu

Your Name (it's OK if you want to keep your real name private)
    Baz, the batteria bit stuck following a stint in a latin tinged band a few years ago.

Male or Female?
    Male

What type of Drums do you play?
    Yamaha, Sabian, DW 5000 pedals, black armory hardware

Who is your Favorite Drummer?
    Will Calhoun/Matt Cameron

Are you in a band?
    4pc rock band, Velodrome (Manchester UK)

Do you see dead people?
    I do have a recurring dream I'm having breakfast with Miles Davis.

How did you find Drum Chat?
    Googled drummer forum, in search of like-minded souls. It's nice to be here

User Info Menu

Default Introduction

You can call me Blaise. This is the english version of my hungaian given name Balázs.

Male or Female?
    Male.

None so far. I am the true definition of the beginner drummer. Seriously, a month ago I did not even know that I want to learn play drums so I am taking one step at the time buying my kit. I have bought so far a Vic Firth PAD12 Practice Pad, a Pearl S-1030L Concert Snare Stand, and a Pearl D-2500BR Roadster Throne. I expect that these will serve me for the rest of my life. A pair of Vater VHN5AW Nude 5A Sticks.

Anyone from whom I can learn. If I have to name one I would choose Carter Anthony Beauford because of his open hand drumming style.

Are you in a band?
    Not yet but definitely that is my goal.

Do you see dead people?
    In my dream I saw myself dead. What could this mean?

Google.

User Info Menu

Welcome bazbatteria and BlazeP E!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Dan

Male or Female?
    Male.

Pearl Reference and an assortment of Sabian, Zildjian and VCC

I have always looked up to Mike Portnoy and Mike mangini (yes Dream Theater is my favorite band)

Are you in a band?
    Not anymore.

Do you see dead people?
    Who doesn't

Google

User Info Menu

Your Name: Willy
    Male or Female?: Male
    What type of Drums do you play?: Gretsch NC and Yamaha RTC 92'
    Who is your Favorite Drummer?: Derek Roddy, Dave Lombardo, Benny Greb, Simon Philips, Eric Moore.
    Are you in a band?: Yes, Industrial metal
    Do you see dead people?: No
    How did you find Drum Chat?: Google

Hallo everyone, I'm sorry for my english, but not is my language, I'm italian, understend but I have same truble to writing.
    I promise to read and write very little

User Info Menu

Welcome new members. It's great to have some new blood around here. Have questions? Ask away! We've got a good bunch of passionate drummers here who love to talk shop.

User Info Menu

Hi all, just found the forum and signed up. 60 year old fogey been playing since I was 11. First kit was a S/H Autocrat bought in 1970 for £27, I've still got the receipt. Graduated to used Premier at 19 and then went through a couple of Gretsch before taking a break. When I started playing again I couldn't hack carting a 24, 18, 15, 13 kit about so, six years ago I chopped it for a Premier Artist birch set up, which I still have.

Played most styles, pop, jazz, big band, country, brass band, though never really been into rock.

One regret, never learning to read dots, at least not properly. Just bought a book on the subject, just need to get round to studying it now!

User Info Menu

Your Name: Jason

Male or Female?: Male

What type of Drums do you play?: Tama Imperialstar w/ Meinl cymbals

Who is your Favorite Drummer?: Jukka Nevalainen

Are you in a band?: Not yet. Too busy with grad school and my job to be in a band at the moment

Do you see dead people?: No, but I seem to have a problem seeing stupid people out here in the real world

How did you find Drum Chat?: Google...how else?

I'm a beginner to the drumming world, so I look forward to learning a lot from ya'll more experienced folks. If anyone wants to know more about me, just give me a holler. I'm a pretty open guy and like shooting the breeze.
    Last edited by WhelSurge; 03-11-2015 at 06:01 PM.

User Info Menu

Welcome Jason...you are gonna like this group...there are no dumb questions here..just lots of reliable and fun responses.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Name: Bill
    Drums: Pear Masters Custom
    Favorite Drummer: I'm influenced by all drummers
    Do I see dead people: Not yet
    I found drum chat looking for cymbal reviews
    Am I in a band: Stoned Naked Society
    I must say I have been lurking in the background for months now reading all kinds of posts. Thanks to everyone for the knowledge and information.
    Last edited by stonednaked719; 03-14-2015 at 08:23 AM. Reason: forgot something

User Info Menu

Hey everyone!

I'm Kevin and I'm 53 and I live in the beautiful Pacific NW! I like long walks on the beach and puppies...and...wait, wrong site.

I've returned to drumming after a reallllllllly long absence. Started a few threads...

Because of my age of course my drumming/music wheelhouse is hairbands....ha ha. Journey, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, etc. although it's not what I would automatically listen to in the car. That would usually be the local Praise station...I know, go figure right?

In the past I had a beautiful Mapex maple kit (talking 20 yrs ago) but I recently picked up a KAT Kt2 E kit which I love and which will work great with my project. Not in a band but trying to form one.

Anyway....great to be here!!!

One question....I've been registered for awhile now...at least a couple of weeks. it seems every post and/or thread that I try to put up has to wait for a "moderators approval." And to be honest? I never see my thread or post appear. And this very one I'm writing may not show up. Is there a certain amount of time that one has to go through before seeing stuff posted?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Hey all, I'm Ed, 37 years old from Hampshire UK. Been playing drums on and off since I was a kid, been taking it seriously for 5 or 6 years now, and putting in all the work I now wish I'd done as a teenager!
    What do I play? Racked 7 Drum Pearl Export in Mirror Chrome for gigs (Cant be faffed to put it all up for rehearsal!) , Zildjian K Custom Hybrid Crashes/China, A Custom Ride and assorted things that go ding. Also a Roland TD11K for practicing at home.
    Favourite Drummers? Stewart Copeland, Steve Gadd & anyone who is playing anything that makes me go "wow"!
    In a Band: Yep, cover band and depping for others occasionally.
    Do I see Dead People? Now and again. Do they see me? haven't stopped to ask!
    How I found Drum Chat? Google
    Regrets? i've had a few, but mainly not taking drumming seriously when I was younger - catching up now tho!

User Info Menu

Your Name: Robert F. Rodriguez

Male or Female? Male

What type of Drums do you play? I play on a custom Risen Drums kit, Mahogany wood, Soultone Custom Brilliant 22 inch ride, 15 inch crash and a 14 inch Hi hat. I like a simple set up especially for Jazz.

Who is your Favorite Drummer? Gene Krupa, Papa Jo Jones, Sonny Payne, Evil Jones

Are you in a band? Various bands and combos in the Widwest.

Do you see dead people? Maybe during a boring concert.

How did you find Drum Chat? Searching through drum forum pages.
    "Now you're singing with a swing"

User Info Menu

Welcome all new members to the best drum forum on the net
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Your Name - Kyle
    Age - 31
    Male
    What type of Drums do you play? Tama Imperialstar 5-piece, Speed Cobra double pedals. I've played mostly in metal bands over the years, but my true playing self lies in jazz. Love it!
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? It's hard to say who takes the cake, but Gergo Borlai is definitely up there.
    Are you in a band? Not yet, but I have a solo instrumental metal project called Algarothsyum.
    Do you see dead people? Not at the moment.
    How did you find Drum Chat? Browsing for a cool drum forum, and this place got the best reviews, with the least amount of egos. Perfect.

Been playing for about 19 years, and I just got the Tamas after going about 4 years without a kit. It was a painfully long period of time, but active duty military will do that to ya. As I said before, I've played in metal bands over the years, but I really want to play in a jazz band. I started off drumming with jazz, taking lessons from a jazz drummer, so the style is ingrained in my playing. I also play guitar (about 15 years now), so right now I stay busy with my solo project and other projects. I have Algarothsyum, and I also produce music for the indie MMO game in development, Apokalypsos.

As of right now, I'm currently seeking to start a jazz band here in Clarksville, TN. So hopefully here in the next few weeks, I can get the ball rolling on that!

Anyway, hello everyone.

User Info Menu

Your Name TJ Marsh

Age 27

Male or Female? Male

What type of Drums do you play? Old beat up used Yamaha DPseries

Who is your Favorite Drummer? I don't really have a favorite but i love watching videos of anyone playing

Are you in a band? Just jam with my Brother in-law... he seems think we can make music...

Do you see dead people? I have...

How did you find Drum Chat? Was looking into playing the drums and stumbled here from google. About a month after making an account I got my kit. Couldn't be happier now!

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC!

Now, if I may direct your attention to this thread, I'm sure you'll find all kinds of good information. http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...tiation+thread

Oh and by the way, don't forget to
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

welcome to the DC Family