Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
Results 1,526 to 1,530 of 1530

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to our drum family Chris! So glad to hear you're playing drums again!
    - Tom

Everyone loves FREE... like this free drum forum. But like your car and even your drums, they require upkeep and maintenance and that requires money.

Will you consider Shopping at Drum Bum to help support this forum?

Or make a donation here.

I know from working with Drum Bum through the years, that this forum is costly to run. It requires server fees, hosting, ongoing moderation, advertising, software upgrades, security certificates and IT work when it breaks. All in addition to the expenses that come from running a business. These costs are offset (hopefully) by members that click through to Drum Bum to make a purchase now and then, if not make a contribution to help keep it running.

On behalf of Drum Bum, thank you for your consideration.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

User Info Menu

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, my name is Mark and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a "semi-senior" citizen of 61, and started playing again a couple of years ago after about a 37 year hiatus. I play for fun, recreation and therapy. Regarding the "therapy" reason, I am a US Army vet of 13 years as a combat medic. Playing helps with my PTSD and the ubiquitous emotional garbage that comes with it. Currently I have a Yamaha Stage Custom, (Honey Amber), Sabian XSR cymbals, DW hardware except for the foot pedal which is a Yamaha FP9C. I also have and a use a Yamaha EAD10 which I love.

I would like to throw a question out to you all if I may. I'm at the point where I would like to record videos of my amazing "wedding band drummer" skill set. This is what I have at my disposal regarding tech; the EAD10, 7th gen iPad, Acer laptop, a Go-Pro wannabe camera. and my iPhone 7 Plus. At 61 I am fairly adept with technology, to a degree. What I would like to know is given what I have listed for tech, what would be the easiest way to record a decent sounding video. I'm thinking of using Garage Band, plugging the EAD10 into that and do a separate video recording with the camera, download into Garage Band and edit from there. I tried the Yamaha Rec n Share app, but for some reason, even though all my music came from iTunes originally, a good 70% could not be accessed. If anyone has any thoughts, guidance, suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance.....

User Info Menu

Vic from Phoenixville, PA here. I am 62 years old, been playing since I was 22 or so. Was in a few cover bands way back, then life happened.

I have recently started following Rob 'Beatdown' Brown online and that has driven me to one on one lessons at a music store in my area. First lesson is Easter Monday. I played for 40 years, but never really learned any technique. Better late than never.

I listen to a ton of music and many drummers, names unknown, have influenced how I play. Ringo Star is one in particular who does it for me because of how he stayed out of the way of the music. I learned how to leave space and I learned that keeping good time and doing simple fills in a song is not a bad thing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VicM View Post
    Vic from Phoenixville, PA here. I am 62 years old, been playing since I was 22 or so. Was in a few cover bands way back, then life happened.

I have recently started following Rob 'Beatdown' Brown online and that has driven me to one on one lessons at a music store in my area. First lesson is Easter Monday. I played for 40 years, but never really learned any technique. Better late than never.

I listen to a ton of music and many drummers, names unknown, have influenced how I play. Ringo Star is one in particular who does it for me because of how he stayed out of the way of the music. I learned how to leave space and I learned that keeping good time and doing simple fills in a song is not a bad thing.
    Absolutely! Play for the song! - - Welcome to Drum Chat Vic!
    - Tom

Everyone loves FREE... like this free drum forum. But like your car and even your drums, they require upkeep and maintenance and that requires money.

Will you consider Shopping at Drum Bum to help support this forum?

Or make a donation here.

I know from working with Drum Bum through the years, that this forum is costly to run. It requires server fees, hosting, ongoing moderation, advertising, software upgrades, security certificates and IT work when it breaks. All in addition to the expenses that come from running a business. These costs are offset (hopefully) by members that click through to Drum Bum to make a purchase now and then, if not make a contribution to help keep it running.

On behalf of Drum Bum, thank you for your consideration.