SCBrian27
    1986 6pc. Tama Superstars
    2018 8pc. Tama Starclassic Maples

User Info Menu

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Your Name: Steve
    Male or Female? Male
    What type of Drums do you play? Alesis Nitro Mesh
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Really not sure. Always liked Topper Headon. More up to date probably Danny Carey.
    Are you in a band? Not as a drummer - I’m a total novice at this.
    Do you see dead people? Not for several years (attended an autopsy years ago).
    How did you find Drum Chat? Link from the drum forum on Ultimate Guitar.

I’ve always fancied learning drums and this year decided to get on with it. I’ve had 4 half hour lessons so far and I’m loving it. Edrums were the only option for me and the Alesis was recommended by my teacher. I’m primarily a bass player and some time rhythm guitarist. Hoping to learn a lot from you folks!

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum Rubber5oul!

Another Topper Headon fan here. Enjoyed covering his stuff off of London Calling way back in the day when they were mainstream. Glad to see him cleaned up and back into drumming ...

Enjoy your drumming journey ...

User Info Menu

Cheers! It’s London Calling I’m learning at the minute

User Info Menu

We used to cover Clampdown as well as a couple of others off of their other albums ...

User Info Menu

So many classics to learn! Clampdown is a cracking tune.

User Info Menu

Hi all it's duff here from Australia...male.been playing on and off since I was 16 now 37 but only been seriously practicing for around 4 years,my first inspiration drummer was Phil Collins,but then I discovered bonzo on a DVD dad shows me when I was 17 man I feel old.. lol.. yes and it was the clip of bonzo on Moby dick I think every serious drummer has seen it but from that point on...I was hooked mentally,and literally hooked....I have seen Collins twice in concert when I was 8 and 12 yes a 8 year old air drumming to Collins songs,I remember it clearly.... anyway..I currently play a premier mahogany kit basically the same as Ringo's kit before he went to loodwig,, sorry Ludwig.. I have a Ludwig centennial kit in red sparkle on its way.. man I have no finger nails left...well worth the wait tho.... thanks for the acceptance admin., cheers...
    In

MattyKoff Guest

Your Name - Matt
    Age - 37
    Male

What type of Drums do you play? - Total beginner on an Alesis Nitro Mesh kit, about one month in. Dabbled at guitar for about 15 years, picked up bass at age 30ish, and now my quest to improve in overall musical creativity/ability/knowledge has lead me to an interest in drumset.

Who is your Favorite Drummer? - I was a huge Tool fan as a teen and love Danny Carey but it's really hard to say favorite as my tastes in music have grown as I've aged. I don't really do favorites and probably couldn't name half of the drummers I've admired in my life. And there're at least 3 drummers I've personally known, two of which I've played guitar or bass with that I would rate up there with anyone famous.

Are you in a band? - Not currently, and I doubt ever as a drummer. I'm having a lot of fun with the e-kit though, and I'm surprised at what I've picked up so far. Making gains everytime I beat the practice pad or sit at the kit so I'm a little excited to see where I am with it in a couple years.

Do you see dead people?
    I get goosebumps when I say hi to my grandma? Uncertain what to make of that but at least I'm not seeing things.

How did you find Drum Chat? - I was scouring the almighty google for resources on how to make the best of this kit and practice pad I'm set up for, and I remembered a community I found when I was getting into bass. So I googled that site's name and added "for drums" and ended up here. Hoping to encounter some noob friendly people, not that I have many questions at the moment but I'm glad you guys exist when I do. While I'm developing my chops and limb independence and reading books, my first thread in these forums will be sharing recent experiences in making the best out of what I have and future plans in the hardware section, and maybe get some answers to questions I've been trying to learn on my own in the process.

Thanks for having me.
    Last edited by MattyKoff; 05-17-2019 at 02:10 AM.

User Info Menu

Welcome to the new members.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Welcome to our drum family Pyroduff and Matt!

User Info Menu

new member saying hello from Scotland!

Your Name -
    Age - 41
    Male or Female? - M
    What type of Drums do you play? - Roland TD-9, and a Pearl Forum (gathering dust in cupboard!)
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? - Bonham
    Are you in a band? - Yes, early days - no band name, no gigs yet
    Do you see dead people? - Sometimes
    How did you find Drum Chat? - the usual...obsessively looking up drum stuff online

User Info Menu

Welcome to our drum family djam. Cool user name too!
    Kick off your shoes and stay awhile.

User Info Menu

Male
    Drums: Rogers Fullerton (script). 12, 13, 14 toms up, 16 FT, 22" bass, 5.5x14 Gretsch COS snare. Bought these in '71, Almost traded them in, can't give them up.
    Tama Starclassic Performer B/B, Molten brown burst. 10, 12 toms up, 14 and 16 FTs, 18x 22 bass (thunderous), 7x14 Tama Starphonic copper snare
    also a 5.5x14 Sakae black brass and 6x14 Tama SLP G Bubinga snare
    Favorite Drummer: Geez. Bonham, Weickl (hope I spelled it correctly), Mitch Mitchell, Elvin Jones, Ilan Rubin (again unsure of the spelling), too many more to list
    Band? No more. Just me and the CDs
    How did you find Drumchat? Net search

User Info Menu

Welcome fsam!!!

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat, fsam.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I never did formally introduce myself, so here goes:

My Name: Rick Johnson (AKA, the pain in the a$$
    Male or Female? Wait a minute while I look.
    What type of Drums do you play? Ludwigs with a side of Pearl.
    Who is your Favorite Drummer? Buddy, Joe Morello, Max, the Jones boys, Chico Hamilton, Shawn. I stole from everybody.
    Are you in a band? Not since 2007. 46 years was enough.
    Do you see dead people? No, but I also don't see many live 1's. So it's a wash.
    How did you find Drum Chat? Is that what this is? I read it wrong at the start, I thought it said RUM chat. No wonder there is a lot of talk about drums.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Please let us know:

Your Name
    Joe

Male or Female?
    Male

What type of Drums do you play?
    Currently Playing PDP X7's

Who is your Favorite Drummer
    For years my favorite drummer has been Neil Peart. There are a ton more I like obviously, but the question asked for my favorite.

Are you in a band?
    I started playing the New England Club circuit at age 17 in 1977. I did this full time 3 to 5 nights a week until age 31 in 1991. Now I just play for my own enjoyment, and jam with friends once a week. I have plans to to some studio work, but I doubt I'll play out again.

Do you see dead people?
    Not yet.

How did you find Drum Chat?
    Drum forum search.
    Wow I've gone 8 years with the same kit. That's a record for me.

User Info Menu

Chris Kempf
    Male
    Hart Dynamics Giga Pro
    Carter Beauford
    Not currently
    No
    I performed a Google search for "E-drum Forum."

User Info Menu

Love your replies Rick. Great sense of humor

User Info Menu

Welcome to DrumChat Chris!

User Info Menu

Hey all!

Thanks for having me.

Name; Matt
    Drumming for a living since 1983
    Toured the US and Canada/Mexico for 30 years With Tama Artstar.
    Now doing a house gig five nights with a hybrid DW collectors series 6pc with a Alternate Mode Drumkat turbo and a Emu procussion; Alesis DM pro and Boss sp 303 sampler all MIDI'ed up and dialed in. Drummers HATE to sit in on this spaceship cockpit of a kit.

User Info Menu

Welcome Matt! That sounds like quite a kit. You should post pictures as we'd love to see it. Welcome to our drum family. Kick off your shoes and stay awhile.

User Info Menu

Okay, my turn now:
    Name: Ruud van den Hurk
    Male or Female: Male, but I prefer females :-)
    I play:
    - DW Collector's Series custom kit, 10"x8"TT + 12"x8"TT + 14"x14"FT + 16"x14"FT, 22"x18"BD
    - Ludwig Black Beauty 14"x5" snare drum
    - Pearl Free Floating Copper shell 14"x 6.5" snare drum
    - Pearl and DW hardware
    - Trick 1-V Black Widow single bass drum pedal
    - Zildjian K + A-Custom cymbals
    Favorite drummer(s): Vinnie Colaiuta, Terry Bozzio, Ian Paice, John Bonham
    Yes, I play in a band
    I see a lot of dead people, not necessarily just during gigs ;-)
    I found Drum chat via an ingenious invention collectively known as Google

That's me. Thanks for having me

User Info Menu

Hello Everyone.
    I'm Rain, I'm 57, female and live in the West of Ireland.
    I have a Natal Arcadia am fusion kit. I have been a drummer for 6 days!
    My favourite drummer is Clem Burke and I loved the drums on the Barry White records.
    I am in a band called Velvet Arrows and we have some stuff on Youtube.
    Up until now my main instrument has been electric guitar (I love telecasters) and I sing and play bass.
    There are 3 of us in Velvet Arrows. The lead guitar player lives in England. We don't gig, we just record songs I write as a hobby.
    My partner who is the other member does the sound engineering and producing on our recordings.
    Our band began in 1983 but the original drummer passed away so in recent years we have been using drum machines and drum software.
    My dream is to be able to play drums on one of our songs!
    I have seen a sort of vision of someone who had passed away once. It was very comforting and a positive experience!
    I found the forum by searching for 'drum forum.'
    It's nice to be here.