Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

(thread title)...

RIGHT ON!!!

repeat 4x
    Drummer for Almondy Brown and Redeemer Church of Lakeland | Session Artist | Private Instructor
    Facebook.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Instagram.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Twitter.com/PerryEarlDrums
    AlmondyBrown.com

User Info Menu

Jeff

47 years old, playing since I was 16ish

1988 Yamaha Stage Series which I am the original owner, my very first kit and I have refurbished a couple times. Cherry Wine Pearl. Zildjians all the way around.

active fill-in for 2 bands currently, and permanent and founding member of my own band. Sing a bit, but not when I am playing as much. Back-up is enough

I live in Snellville, GA, about 20 miles outside Atlanta

A child of the 80's hair bands and proud of it.

Main influence would be Steve Smith from the days in Journey. My drumming style would be very close to "Wild" Mick Brown from Dokken.

out of work right now, so I was fishing around on Drum Bum and came across this site, happy to be here!

User Info Menu

Your Name - Scott

Age - 48

Male or Female? Male

What type of Drums do you play? Yamaha (Maple Custom Absolute, Birch Custom Absolute & DTXtreme) and numerous snares...

Who is your Favorite Drummer? If I had to pick one I guess it would be John David BonWecklham, but he goes by the name Vinnie.....seriously though too many to list...

Are you in a band? Currently play in a Church Praise band.

Do you see dead people? No, but I did take a picture of a ghost in St. Augustine...

How did you find Drum Chat? by accident...

User Info Menu

Welcome to the club, Akiller.

(I can't believe nobody got my Faith no More joke)
    Drummer for Almondy Brown and Redeemer Church of Lakeland | Session Artist | Private Instructor
    Facebook.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Instagram.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Twitter.com/PerryEarlDrums
    AlmondyBrown.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgraham798 View Post
    Your Name
    My name is Jim

Male or Female?
    Male

What type of Drums do you play?
    I bought an electronic set Simmons SD9K

Who is your Favorite Drummer?
    Don't really have one

Are you in a band?
    No

Do you see dead people?
    Only when I'm pissed off :-)

How did you find Drum Chat?
    Google

Hello all,

I've always wanted to play drums but life always had other things that took priority. I bought the electronic set because I can't play a kit where I live w/o disturbing the neighbors. I would love to have a full kit just for my benefit, not to play in a band or anything, but i would have to find a way to soundproof a room.

I love the instrument and when I listen to music, the drum part is what I listen to. I love all the various beats. Rock and pop are probably my faves but do love all types of music.

I'm hoping that learning to play drums and learning to isolate each limb will also stave off the "oldness" that my mind seems to have some days.

Take care and seeya!

Jim
    Welcome to Drum Chat Jim!

I got into drumming at 52, so just dive in and have fun. If you have any questions, you'll find that the folks around here are always happy to help.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Jeff! Sounds like you're going to have a lot of experience to offer, not to mention quite a few stories.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Your Name - Ken
    Age - 61
    Male or Female? Male

What type of Drums do you play? 1978 set of Rogers with Zildjian cymbals

Are you in a band? I sit in with bands now from time to time

Do you see dead people? No, the live ones are scary enough!

How did you find Drum Chat? Through Drum Bum

User Info Menu

* Your Name - brian

* Age - 43

* Male or Female? Male

* What type of Drums do you play? none yet looking at sets now

* Who is your Favorite Drummer? Don't have one

* Are you in a band? No

* Do you see dead people? Lol no

* How did you find Drum Chat? drum bum

Just wanted to say hello. I just started taking lessons last week. This forum is full of great information. I will keep the stupid questions to a minimum lol

User Info Menu

Brian, Ken, Jeff and all newbies... WELCOME TO DRUM CHAT!!!

Kick off your shoes and stay awhile!

User Info Menu

Nice to meet you Ken and Brian.

Brian, you'll find that folks around a good about answering questions, and really like helping beginners get up to speed on gear, technique, etc. I know these folks were great when I started this journey called drumming.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Nice to meet you Ken and Brian.

Brian, you'll find that folks around a good about answering questions, and really like helping beginners get up to speed on gear, technique, etc. I know these folks were great when I started this journey called drumming.
    That is good information and appreciated! I actually just bought a used set today that looks brand new. Pure luck i found it and it didnt even come close to costing what new would! I pick it up tonight. Now it will be time to practice,practice practice!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doubleb21 View Post
    That is good information and appreciated! I actually just bought a used set today that looks brand new. Pure luck i found it and it didnt even come close to costing what new would! I pick it up tonight. Now it will be time to practice,practice practice!
    Cool Brian! It's always nice to get a good deal on a kit. Make sure you post some pics of it on the "Show Us Your Drums Thread." We love looking at each other's kits.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doubleb21 View Post
    Welcome to DC and congratulations on your kit purchase. Something we like to say in here is, Pics or it didn't happen.

User Info Menu

Hi everyone!

Kelly from Juneau AK here,im 36, i punched in drummer forums and i this one popped up! I have been lurking for a couple of days and thought i better step up and tell my tale. I never really played the drums before about 3 days ago.....I was at a buddies house and were screwin off playing some guitar, he has this electronic set that said "what the hell, ill bang on it"......i had a great time and really enjoyed myself.....then the other night i was there again, and this pretty hot harmonica player showed up. The three of us struck up a jam and i can honestly say i have never had a better time making music.....i screwed up more then i didnt but it felt soooo good and i fear that i may be hooked. I have decided that i need a set of drums and i am currently writhing in the agonizing pit of questions that need to be answered before i settle on one....wish me luck!

and thanks for this forum!

-Kelly

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Introduce Yourself!

Riley
    male
    Astro
    Lars Ulrich Neil Peart
    no
    no
    I was probaly looking for some drum set pictures.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by areFish View Post
    Welcome to DC and congratulations on your kit purchase. Something we like to say in here is, Pics or it didn't happen.
    Ha ha I still have to figure out everything. I will post some pics in a few days.

User Info Menu

Your Name (it's OK if you want to keep your real name private)
    What type of Drums do you play?
    Who is your Favorite Drummer?
    Are you in a band?
    Do you see dead people?
    How did you find Drum Chat?

Justin
    Male
    4 piece - 1965 Slingerland and Gretsch Catalina Club
    Max Roach, Gene Krupa, JoJo Mayer, and so many more...
    Yes...kinda...
    At funeral homes
    Google.

Favorite rudiment (as of now) Paradiddle-diddle.

User Info Menu

Your Name : Al

Male or Female: Male

What type of Drums do you play? I have owned a Gretsch Catalina and a Ludwig Rocker 7pc, however I am looking to get a new kit soon

Who is your Favorite Drummer? Phil Collins, Lars Ulrich, Scott Rockenfield, Tommy Lee, Dave Lombardo, Sheila E, Nicko McBrain, Deen Castronovo

Are you in a band?I was in a Punk band and a Metal band. but for now, No band for me

Do you see dead people? Only when I watch Walking Dead

How did you find Drum Chat? Through Drum Bum

Hey all...I have been "lurking" and thought I would chime in. I love all types of music but yes I am a metalhead at heart. I am married and have two sons. Logan, who is 10 months old (and loves my Ahead sticks!) and my step son George, who has CP. again hey all!
    Last edited by dukebooty14; 11-09-2011 at 03:30 AM.
    Ludwig Rocker 7pc--2 16x22, 12, 13, 16, 18, 14x6, Zildjan ZXT, Gibraltar Rack, Ahead Sticks, Ludwig Speed King pedals

"Remember we are the heart beat and without a heart beat...you're dead"

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Kelly, Riley, Justin, and Al! Thanks for sharing a little something about yourselves. You've just become part of the coolest place on the web. You don't have to worry about flaming here, and with your first post, you just become part of the gang. If you have any questions, just let us know.

User Info Menu

Cool Brian! It's always nice to get a good deal on a kit. Make sure you post some pics of it on the "Show Us Your Drums Thread." We love looking at each other's kits.
    Pics are up in the thread!

User Info Menu

Cool! Gotta love those Gretsch Catalina kits! Good quality, and great price.

User Info Menu

Name: Charlie
    Male

started with the Pearl Rythme Traveller just to get the feet wet and now I've committed myself with a new set of Gretsch Catalina Maples....sorry neighbours!

Fav Drummer? Anyone who can play this instrument and make it truely sing! that and anyone who can master the dbl kick. Charlie Benante, Shawn Drover, Nicko McBrain, Mike Portnoy, Carter Beauford, Jeremy Taggart, Neil Peart....

Not in a band, this is just a hobby and something I"ve always wanted to try. Played air drums for what seems like forever...funny, it's not quite the same.
    I haven't seen dead peeps but my cat seems to want me to believe...

I googled for info on drumming after I bought the beginner kit

User Info Menu

Your Name:Michael M.

Male or Female: M

What type of Drums do you play: Tama Imperialstars, standard kit

Who is your Favorite Drummer: Don't really know yet although I really like drummers who play funk

Are you in a band: I aspire to be

Do you see dead people: Only in the obituaries thank goodness

How did you find Drum Chat: I think by browsing drum related forums etc...and glad i did find it.
    Tama Imperialstars with tama hardware
    Ludwig Acrolite snare
    Zildjian A Custom: 14" hats, 16" crash
    18" fast crash, 20" ride
    Evans heads on toms/snare
    LP Cowbell
    SP tractor seat throne

Michael M.

User Info Menu

Nice to meet you Charlie and Michael. Make sure you ask questions, because you'll get plenty of help. There are some great folks around here.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Jim!

I got into drumming at 52, so just dive in and have fun. If you have any questions, you'll find that the folks around here are always happy to help.
    Thanks for the welcome pastor Bob.

I see you're from Murfreesboro....I live outside of Memphis myself. been here all my life.

Looking forward to being here and learning. Just got finished with the 402 pages of "show us your kit"....WOW!