Thread: How to mount bongos

User Info Menu

Default How to mount bongos

I have the LP conga stand with the castors. This thing is built like a Mac truck! I just added some bongos to my armory and ordered the Rhythm Tech bongo stand. It just came today and WHAT A PIECE OF SHINY CRAP! I'm usually pretty easy to get along with but I am very disappointed. I ordered from 8X and I called them right away to give them my review. They are kindly sending me a return authorization, but you know how that goes.. I'm out shipping both ways, to the tune of $25 or more. It was drop shipped from Rhythm Tech and I'm calling them to express my feelings and appealing to them to send a call tag.. I'll let you all know how that goes. But I still need to mount my congas. What I found with the RT stand is that it was also impossible to get the bongos close enough due to the tangling of the legs of the two stands. What are you guys doing to get your bongos close enough? Any suggestions? Anyone in the market for a shiny anchor??? lol!

User Info Menu

Default Re: How to mount bongos

To mount your bongos you have to saddle them and climb on top.

User Info Menu

To mount your bongos you have to saddle them and climb on top.

User Info Menu

LP offers a bongo mount system for their stands. I think the item number is LP330A.
    Here is a link to their site
    Last edited by pastor_bob; 03-05-2011 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Commercial link prohibited by Forum Rules

User Info Menu

If I buy the LP330A, will I still need a saddle? Just askin....

OK, so I trashed Rhthym Tech pretty good but I called them and got an unexpected response... they offered to send me a new bongo stand at no charge based on the other one being defective, and they aren't requiring that I send the first one back. Now, you can't get any better than that! Of course, 8X still authorizes a return if that's what I want to do. So I will keep the first, and get the replacement. Between the two I should be able to make something work. The biggest problem is where the steel tube goes into the cast pivot is loose and it wobbles back and forth. I will disassemble and JB weld it. It should be a permanent bond. Anyone looking for a bongo stand? I'll have an extra.. Haha!!
    Last edited by busyflyin; 03-01-2011 at 01:55 PM.

User Info Menu

I have Gibraltar harware for my congas/bogo's and love it. For the bongos the stand can either stand alone or mount to the conga stand.

They also have two different tops for the bongo stand, one that clamps to the bongos, and one that bolts to them for a more semi-permanent mount.
    Real solid, sturdy, I love em!

User Info Menu

I'm still waiting for the replacement that RT is sending. I'm hoping that they are making sure that it's top quality to their standards before they send it out. I just got back from our local Guitar Center and checked out their new inventory of percussion stuff. So many toys to choose from!!

User Info Menu

I received the replacement Bongo stand today and it was much better... however still not a good quality piece, but I paid $65 so I can't complain I guess. The best story in this is the outstanding service I received from Rhythm Tech. They were outstanding with me!!

I forgot to mention that RT was out of stock so they called MF and had them send me a stand. WOW!!

User Info Menu

You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.Good customer relations will keep a business running.Glad to hear you solved your problem.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.