Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of my ddrum set.

User Info Menu

Default Pics of my ddrum set.

Here is a picture of my new kit, it is a pretty crappy picture, and I still haven't got all my stuff set-up, because I have no more room, but here are the shells, I love them, and they sound incredible.

Last edited by Pdplayer; 05-11-2007 at 05:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Nice colour and a nice in general.

User Info Menu

thats a nice looking drum kit.

User Info Menu

I would kill for that kit man.

User Info Menu

Until I know what it sounds like I'll refrain from taking any life.
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Wow.....beautiful finish....nice kit, man, congratulations.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

looks great and im sure it sounds awesome...you can see the quality.

what wood?

User Info Menu

i'm tellin ya, the semi pro and intermediate drum market is just just blowin up the last few years.

User Info Menu

dude, is that your drum set from before, or is it brand new?

User Info Menu

Cool Pics of my ddrum set

picture may look bad, but I bet those drums are gonna sound killer when they're set up!

(you shouldn't be surprised that I'd ask this, but what kind of bongos are those in the upper right in your picture, by the high-hats? They look cool, too...don't see too many wood shells with alternating stripes these days!)

Congrats, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

What an awesome looking kit. If they sound just half as good as they look, they'll be killer. Congrats.

User Info Menu

Amazing looking kit man, its beautiful.

User Info Menu

what size is the bass drum? looks nice and deep. i really love the deeper bass drums for the sound they produce. very nice deep crispy bass sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon
    Until I know what it sounds like I'll refrain from taking any life.
    I'm with you. You can't judge a book by it's cover.

User Info Menu

Wtf.
    BRO, you traded for a pacific? unless there was something seriously wrong with those ddrums i think you got hosed. i hope you realize the difference between that kit and a DW kit.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Yea there was really something wrong with them again, I love my new drums, they sound a million times better, the finish isn't quite as pretty, but the sound and everything else is hands down mass better, sorry to disappoint you all, but I am very happy with them.

User Info Menu

How can you go wrong with 100% maple shells, Way better hardware, and way better mounting system? Not to mention a way better name, I have gone thru three ddrum kit all with several problems, I love my new kit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    Wtf.
    i hope you realize the difference between that kit and a DW kit.

Yeah, those are not DWs. Great kit for the money (especially for free!), but they're not DW, and shouldn't have a DW logo head on the kick, either (it should have a Pacific logo head, or PDP). But hey, for free, I wouldn't complain at all. Now you gotta trade those puppies in (along with about 5 grand) and get a Collector's series!!

User Info Menu

BUT.....that's damn near the top of the line PDP, so they definitely have a lot of DW features. Now you'll see why I'm so in love with DW.

User Info Menu

(pssst......gotta get yourself some DW hardware now, too!)

User Info Menu

Yes BTG I love them, I can't even imagine how incredible the Collector series or the real DWs drums are, I figure in about a yr I will own a true DW kit, but I am very happy with these, and they sound amazing to me, I love them.

I can honestly say these drums BLOW ddrum out of the water, but I will also say that the customer service that Kevin @ ddrum gave was the best I have ever received anywhere.

User Info Menu

I completely agree about the "way better mounting system"....those Pacifics have a version of DW's STM (Suspension Tom Mount) system, that holds the drum by the lugs, not by the tension rods like the RIMS system does. For one, changing heads is a breeze, and two, I never liked the idea of holding a drum by the tension rods....I don't think it would really happen, but I always envisioned the rods bending after a while, from holding the weight of the tom.

User Info Menu

Ok just for clarification, those are not "DW" rather PDP, which is the low end branch of DW. If they were actual DW then you would have made about $3000 off the trade (at THE LEAST)
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigTallG
    I completely agree about the "way better mounting system"....those Pacifics have a version of DW's STM (Suspension Tom Mount) system, that holds the drum by the lugs, not by the tension rods like the RIMS system does. For one, changing heads is a breeze, and two, I never liked the idea of holding a drum by the tension rods....I don't think it would really happen, but I always envisioned the rods bending after a while, from holding the weight of the tom.
    Not only that, but they are a pain to change head, they move around alot, there noisy, I really like the mounting system on my new drums, I like the whole kit.