Thread: Electric Drum Amps to Accompany Acoustic Drums?

User Info Menu

Default Electric Drum Amps to Accompany Acoustic Drums?

Anyone know any good amps for electric kits (mine is a DTXplorer) to hook around acoustic kits?
    Hopefully not too expensive but anything will help just to get an idea
    (mostly looking for volume to get the electronic kit to get heard over the acoustic one)
    Last edited by JustDrums; 03-01-2011 at 09:43 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Electric Drum Amps to Accompany Acoustic Drums?

Cheapo 150watt stereo pa system?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Back when I was playing an E-kit I use this B52 matrix 1000 set up.

It's a 3 piece system with 2 monitors with a horn tweeter and a 10" woofer, and a 15" sub. The power amp is in the sub, it's very heavy to move around , but it is on wheels, so that helps. I can get mine in and out of my basement and Van by myself, but it's nice to have an extra hand. 700 watts of power. I found I needed a system like this so my e-kit would sound like a drum kit and not a transistor radio. You need a good system to reproduce the kick drum and lower toms. Might be more then you are looking to spend, when I bought mine it was $700.00 ,now I see they are $899.00. Well worth it in my opinion, you will never find a cheap amp that will give you the sound this will. That and a small mixer and your set.

I still use mine today to mic up my acoustic kit. I also use it now as a vocal P.A. when I jam with friends. Also makes a killer sound system to crank tunes through. I've done a few parties as a DJ for friends with it as well and made some extra cash. It cranks.

User Info Menu

That's a cool system. I use the Alesis Reference Amp 150 and it's fine. Paid $80

Power is everything. I'm still in the market for a 1000 watt system or something punchy. But prudence suggests I get a lesson or two before that, eh? Hehe.
    Last edited by Rickkus; 05-24-2011 at 08:38 PM.