Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have been converted...L@@K

User Info Menu

Default I have been converted...L@@K

Well drum chat I have been completely converted I am no longer a ddrum player. My newest ddrum kit I just received also had problems, I took it to Guitar Center and traded it straight across(did not cost me a penny) for my BRAND NEW very beautiful DW MX Pacific drum kit and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT and a new set of Evans EC2 heads. I have always wanted a DW kit, so the PDP is going to have to do for now, I realize this is not there best, but it is there best in the intermediate line, this kit produces the sound that I have wanted for so long, they are 100% maple shells, and they just sing, so much sustain and resonance, they are just awesome, even with there stock heads, anyway farewell to ddrum and hello to DW.

Here is a picture, the picure sucks, but the room there are in is so small, anyway tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Pdplayer; 05-12-2007 at 09:39 PM.

User Info Menu

YES! converted! I can't wait until I can afford a DW set (NOT PDP!!!!!!)
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

This is not a crap set guys, man people are making it sound like there junk, this kit is awesome, at least that is what I think.

User Info Menu

No way, dude, that's a VERY nice kit, most definitely NOT crap.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Thank you very much BTG. I am really truly impressed by these drums, and am very proud to be in the PDP DW family.

User Info Menu

NO there amazing drums, for PDP. I just mean the actual non-PDP DW drums are soooooooooooooooo amazing.
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Heck yes DW makes the best drums ever, and I am 1 step closer to the best of the best, and am damn proud of it.

User Info Menu

Bummer about your ddrum kit man, this set is simply gorgeous, i really love the color. You need to get some sound bytes up so we can hear it man!

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about the ddrum kit, especially since I have one too, even though it's a beginner kit. I was talking to a guy at one of my local music shops (he's been playing drums for 40 years) and he said some thing that made sense to me. DDrum is relatively new to the acoustic drum market, and just like a new automobile line, or a new computer program, there are bound to be bugs. It will take time to work them out. His advise was to steer away from new kids on the block and stay with the tried and true. Since I have a ddrum kit, I hate to admit it, but it made perfect sense. I loved the look of your kit, but your experience seems to bare out what I was told. Thanks for passing along your experience. We're all a little smarter when we share.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sanzen
    Bummer about your ddrum kit man, this set is simply gorgeous, i really love the color. You need to get some sound bytes up so we can hear it man!
    It's no bummer sanzen, my new drums totally rock all over the ddrum I had, and I am much happier, but thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    Sorry to hear about the ddrum kit, especially since I have one too, even though it's a beginner kit. I was talking to a guy at one of my local music shops (he's been playing drums for 40 years) and he said some thing that made sense to me. DDrum is relatively new to the acoustic drum market, and just like a new automobile line, or a new computer program, there are bound to be bugs. It will take time to work them out. His advise was to steer away from new kids on the block and stay with the tried and true. Since I have a ddrum kit, I hate to admit it, but it made perfect sense. I loved the look of your kit, but your experience seems to bare out what I was told. Thanks for passing along your experience. We're all a little smarter when we share.
    They are very new pastor bob, the rep at your store was absolutely right, I am sure with time they will get much better, but I was certainly tired of waiting lol. My DW's are so much better it is unbelievable the all around quality difference.

User Info Menu

I dont understand why theirs the resonant head that says DW on it when its a PDP kit, dont they usually say PDP on them?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz
    I dont understand why theirs the resonant head that says DW on it when its a PDP kit, dont they usually say PDP on them?

Because they are made by DW, but are the PDP line I guess

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    Because they are made by DW, but are the PDP line I guess
    DW.....PDP who cares they look sick, and im guessing sound just as amazing!

User Info Menu

Man do they ever, I love them.

User Info Menu

are you gonna change your name now? dwdrumbum perhaps?

User Info Menu

It is a great looking set, the PDP sets I've seen in guitar center seem to be very well made, and very similar in construction to the DW sets. I'm sure the DW sets probably use better grades of wood, and other things like that but the upper end PDP kits look really nice, and sound great too!! I'm sure you'll have many years of enjoyment out of them. Congrats on a great choice.

User Info Menu

Oh so I guess this answers my question in the other thread lol.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Beautiful set Kevin!
    Can't wait to check out that video
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

How many ply maple are they? Wouldnt mind looking into this DW.

User Info Menu

Man, I think there quite cool, as long as you are happy with them thats all that matter hey !

Trading up myself in the next 2 weeks, I WILL be comparing a PDP kit, a DW kit and a Pearl reference Series kit, so I may well play the same kit that you have purchased?

Enjoy them !
    Do they make you sound better as a drummer ??

Have fun
    Wotto
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

I think i got it figured...... PDP Is DW..... Because i cannot find any kits made by DW on the DW website.... Percific DW Percussion maybe???? Lol i dont know squat but thats what i make out of it! :P Im interested in this PDP LX series. How are they? Cant find any shell specs yet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w
    I think i got it figured...... PDP Is DW..... Because i cannot find any kits made by DW on the DW website.... Percific DW Percussion maybe???? Lol i dont know squat but thats what i make out of it! :P Im interested in this PDP LX series. How are they? Cant find any shell specs yet.

Check out www.pacificdrums.com that will answer all your question, these drums are fantatstic.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wotto
    Man, I think there quite cool, as long as you are happy with them thats all that matter hey !

Trading up myself in the next 2 weeks, I WILL be comparing a PDP kit, a DW kit and a Pearl reference Series kit, so I may well play the same kit that you have purchased?

Enjoy them !
    Do they make you sound better as a drummer ??

Have fun
    Wotto
    I am totally happy with them.

PDP is a lower line of DW, once you play on a set of PDP's you will love them.

They don't make me a better drummer, but they sure are alot funner to play, which makes me sound better I guess lol

User Info Menu

Ahhhhh ok...... I cant figure out sizing for selecting my drums..... I was going 2 inch intervals with squared.... so 8x8 10x10 12x12 etc etc..... But now it seems sence to go 1inch intervals with a slightly longer depth to the drum. Least for the first 2/3. What do the different sizes do to the sound of the drum *width and depth???