Thread: me and my friend jamming

User Info Menu

Default me and my friend jamming

hey guys this is a song and a partial song that me and my friend wrote recently. we have a screamer but we want to put beautiful singing in these songs, the only thing is we dont have a singer. me and the guitarist are thinking about just going for it and trying to sing.

i was exhausted when we played the second video so just ignore the mess ups. let me know what yall think!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYhUpHpOnLM"]YouTube - Endtimes new song[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJQulMwuNGc"]YouTube - me and richard onto another one[/ame]

User Info Menu

Default Re: me and my friend jamming

I like it, balls to the wall. Nice double kick work. Also I'm into Metal and Progressive Metal, I strongly recommend you guys get someone that can sing. Scremo/ Cookie monster guys suck. Sorry to be so straight forward but I've heard a lot of bands who are fantastic musically but because they have a screamer they are unlistenable. (not sure if that's a word but you get my point).

Rock on.

User Info Menu

Reminds me of back in the day when my musician buddies would come over to jam ! Keep up the good work, mm351 !

Btw, its a good idea to start wearing ear protection at this stage :-)

User Info Menu

Solid stuff. Nice work by both of you.

User Info Menu

Sounded good dude! Keep up the good work.
    Gretsch Catalina ash kit
    Pork Pie Big Black Brass snare
    Paiste Alpha Cymbals
    Stock hardware and pedal. Vic Firth 5B sticks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    I like it, balls to the wall. Nice double kick work. Also I'm into Metal and Progressive Metal, I strongly recommend you guys get someone that can sing. Scremo/ Cookie monster guys suck. Sorry to be so straight forward but I've heard a lot of bands who are fantastic musically but because they have a screamer they are unlistenable. (not sure if that's a word but you get my point).

Rock on.
    +1
    You guys have great sound and energy, try not to ruin it with the same old same old.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

The sound quality was excellent, What Mic set up? You guys do have a lot of energy. Great start to a solid band. Live would be impressive to see.

User Info Menu

hey guys i havent been on here in a while and just noticed these responses. thanks for all of the comments!

NPYYZ-
    we have a screamer but he wont sing even though was decent at it (we call him Jared-core lol) So me and the guitarist are learning how to sing.

Nio-
    i usually practice with isolation headphones, i need to start wearing them while we jam

Fumbled time-
    that was actually the cameras audio mic, ridiculous huh? its co clear. as for the mic setup for recording, im a broke college student so we have three mics that we spread around the kit and equalize it, but i really need some mics!
    Last edited by mapexmetal351; 03-16-2011 at 11:00 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mapexmetal351 View Post
    hey guys this is a song and a partial song that me and my friend wrote recently. we have a screamer but we want to put beautiful singing in these songs, the only thing is we dont have a singer. me and the guitarist are thinking about just going for it and trying to sing.

i was exhausted when we played the second video so just ignore the mess ups. let me know what yall think!

YouTube - Endtimes new song

YouTube - me and richard onto another one
    NIICCCE!! awesome work guys! and nice synyster gates guitar dude!