Thread: A step up

User Info Menu

Default A step up

I was thinking about how I could record drums better... I searched for extra USB attachment thingies and I found one on Amazon for $9. Pretty sweet deal IMO, 7 USB ports for $9, and those 7 go into one port on your computer. So basically it's 7 USBs in one. Moving on I found two CAD USB condenser mics on Musicians Friend for $70 each. I also saw a XLR to USB cable, but it wasn't really given much of a rating. Do these cables work? Because I need one for a kick mic. Are there any reliable ones out there?
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

Default Re: A step up

maybe save your cash before you buy recording equipment, cause when you wanna record you want the best sound and thats hard to achieve with mediocre mics. I recommend looking for used stuff, might get lucky! Good luck and hope to hear some epic tracks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IfSabianWasCheap View Post
    maybe save your cash before you buy recording equipment, cause when you wanna record you want the best sound and thats hard to achieve with mediocre mics. I recommend looking for used stuff, might get lucky! Good luck and hope to hear some epic tracks
    Yes, save your money for something better....

User Info Menu

I think you'd be better off saving for a mixer with a usb out and a few mics. Mackie makes a nice little mixer with just this. I think it has usb out, 2 xlr with phantom power, and a couple of 1/4 inch inputs. So you could use a kick drum mic, and a couple of sm57. All this costs money, I know.
    I have no knowledge of the xlr to usb.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IfSabianWasCheap View Post
    x10 used gear and a mixer/ interface will sound decent
    MAPEX MAFIA