Drum Domains
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Snare drum problem!

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default Snare drum problem!

    Hello, today i decided to tune my snare from finger tightness cus i learned some new tuning techniques. But when i finished the batter and tested it i got a VERY BAD RESULT. My snare was giving off a long deep pitched tom ring. I hated it and came here to see if you can help me. It sounds deep when i lightly hit it and dont get a snare sound i want, i want a high pitched sound. When i hit it hard i got a snare sound but, it still gave off the deep tom like ring.

    Can you please help me?

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Snare drum problem!

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDrummer View Post
    Hello, today i decided to tune my snare from finger tightness cus i learned some new tuning techniques. But when i finished the batter and tested it i got a VERY BAD RESULT. My snare was giving off a long deep pitched tom ring. I hated it and came here to see if you can help me. It sounds deep when i lightly hit it and dont get a snare sound i want, i want a high pitched sound. When i hit it hard i got a snare sound but, it still gave off the deep tom like ring.

    Can you please help me?
    ID, maybe you tell us what you did to tune the snare, from the point of finger tight on the tension rods. I think that will help us in knowing what advice to give.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.





    For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

    Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Snare drum problem!

    Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    ID, maybe you tell us what you did to tune the snare, from the point of finger tight on the tension rods. I think that will help us in knowing what advice to give.
    Thanks for the offer of help, but the problem is fixed now

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Snare drum problem!

    From what youre saying " I want a high pitched snare sound ", you have half of the problem figured out already. Its obvious to me that the batter head is going to be tuned tight. So, start cranking it up. Once the batter head is giving you the pitch you want, experiment with the bottom head. An easy way to experiment with the bottom head is to loosen as much as possible and try the drum. Then tighten the bottom head an 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn and try the drum. Continue tightening at an 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn until you are happy. If this doesnt work then try playing the guitar.

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Snare drum problem!

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDrummer View Post
    Thanks for the offer of help, but the problem is fixed now
    Could you at least share with us what you did to solve the problem.

  6. #6
    Larrysperf Guest

    Default Re: Snare drum problem!

    I think he just tuned it up tighter. This with no smart *** comments, so easy to do. IMHO

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •