Thread: Skins

User Info Menu

Default Skins

Hellooooo people of drum chat!

Im new to this so if it goes wrong, apologies.

Right i have recently got a new kit, tama superstar and i have just been using the standard stock skins. But I am thinking of getting some new evans skins. Like for my snare im going to be using evans genera HD coated for the batter and evans hazy 300 on the resonant. I am thinking of getting evans G2 clear skins for the batter of my toms but I am in a dilema of what to use for my resonant's for the toms. I would like to keep them evans and clear, any suggestions?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Skins

Clear G1's for your resonants.
    I have the same kit and may I suggest for the snare batter, a plain coated G1. With the diecast hoops you already get a great focused sound and IMO the HD would be to much.

stereo room mics no effects,

http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/a...=LetItRoll.mp4

User Info Menu

yer thanks, and im mainly getting the hd's because my superstar kit is quite old and the snare its self doesnt sound amazing so hopefully these would make it do that. But I will look into the G1's, are they good?

User Info Menu

How old are your Superstars?

User Info Menu

well i recently bought the kit off this drummer a couple of weeks back and he said it was over 6/7 years old

User Info Menu

Thats not old lol.
    You have the same kit I do. trust me it use a coated G1 on the snare.

User Info Menu

thats a sweet looking kit dude! and right cheers dude for the suggestion (:

User Info Menu

You've already gotten good advice from NR, so I'll just say "Welcome to Drum Chat ConorrrrrrK!"
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Skins

Makes two of us, corrrrrrk! (BTW, man, that your name makes me think of your doing a cool roll on your snare!)

Welcome aboard, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I have g1 resos and and g2 clears on my toms, and they sound very good to me! I also have the hazy300 reso and HD genera dry coated on my snare. I like the sound a lot, but i may get a different batter head after this one. It's not my favorite sound but you won't be disappointing.

It's all personal preference