View Poll Results: Do you prefer MAC or PC (Windows)

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • MAC

14 36.84%
  • PC (Windows)

22 57.89%
  • They both suck - LINUX RULES!!!!

2 5.26%
  • Dude, you forgot the best one!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pc Vs Mac

User Info Menu

Default Pc Vs Mac

Ok, in light of the ads that everyone probably thinks are great, I wanna know if anonyone out there in drumchat land has a prefernce either way and why? Do you use MAC's? DO you think Vista is "da bomb". Come on people what do you reckon?
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

I have never used a Mac...and I have heard horrid things about Vista. I'll stick with my Windows XP until Micromonopoly straightens Vista out.

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Linux is good you can do some cool customizing things with it but I've most always just used windows just cause....

But I don't really care for mac though I haven't used it in years.

User Info Menu

I've always used a PC from the beginning. I've heard Macs are awesome but I would be lost. I've also heard tons about Linux but I know nothing about it. Don't know much about Vista either other than to stay away until they work the bugs out.

User Info Menu

Seems like everyone has the same idea - windows software good...........after a few months. Look, I have seen the Mac stuff up and running first hand, and it is cool, but it's so limited in it's compatibility - I just don't get it, not to mention how expensive it all is.

I have also witnessed Vista in all it's glory, and let me tell you, it is damn good too. Improves over XP tremendously, and if they "borrowed" some idea from Mac, so what? Since when is anything original? At any rate the stuff in Vista that they reckon is a ripoff was developed 5 years ago in Windows, before it was relaesed in the Mac OS, so it's a non-point.

IF you do decide to install Vista, try to do it as a clean install though - that way is the safest to have it running at it's best - that's the advice I can give for it.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

MAC! As a musian and an artist I demand the best from my setup!

(I have a feeling Google will be starting an operating system...)
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Linux! Its simply the best! I am on Linux right now!
    After Linux: P.C. Windows
    After that: a rock with a few wires scotch-taped to it.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

I'm a Mac although my family uses PC I enjoy Mac's much more.

I had a Linux for a while and I absolutely hate it. When we had it I wasn't into forums and IM or anything just gaming. And you can't play any games on Linux because there all for PC which really sucked.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Yeah... Amp's right,
    they don't make games for Linux, it mostly PC.

I wish they would make a few just for Linux, like Counter-Strike!
    That would be kewl!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pc Vs Mac

I've had my 24" iMac just shy of two years now. Very user friendly.

User Info Menu

This kinda sums it up:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id_kGL3M5Cg"]YouTube - South Park Mac vs. PC[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-22EpQOm8c"]YouTube - South Park Mac vs. PC vs. Linux[/ame]
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

It's a tough call, because I haven't used choices other than pc. PC is a rather broad term, on a hardware level it isn't a great deal different from other computers. The poll, albeit a rather dated poll seems to point the finger of curiosity at which operating system you'd prefer. Some guys have been successful at installing and running a mac os(I think they call the recent mac operating systems "snow leopard") into normal pc style machines.

I believe they call them hackintosh's, but having never attempted such things I can't say if it's better or worse than windows 7, which is my current favorite. I noticed it is a great deal easier and faster to use than xp was. System restores are now relatively painless and easy to do also, so that's a nice touch should you ever need one. I also like that windows 7 support is on more and more programs such as games and other audio editing programs, so out of necessity I went with it. Win 7 will soon become obsolete when Win 8 comes out, and i'm sure when stuff is coded for that os it will be all the rage. I like the compatibility though thus far.
    Last edited by Russ; 01-25-2011 at 04:45 AM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Once you're Mac you don't go back!!

I use a PC with Vista in work and it frustrates me, the Mac at home is an altogether more satisfying experience.
    ~BWB~

~Sabian - Mapex - Pro-Mark~

User Info Menu

Mac was my first computer, so no personal bias or anything towards pc. That's just what i've become accustomed to lately. I will say there is something about macs architecture that makes them run with less errors, although the window to getting a virus is always there. As I recall, the windows operating system was invented by microsoft as a way to compete with the macs- they lead the way for many years and were the go to system for games and major processing.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I used windows my entire life up until I started doing graphic design. Since then I have used macs. It was a little strange to get used to at first, but now I will never go back.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Mac ALL DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by areFish View Post
    I've had my 24" iMac just shy of two years now. Very user friendly.
    Same here. Love it. I find Windows to be very frustrating.

User Info Menu

I was a PC user since dos 4.1 was new. Every version of windoze, and every possible crash, failure, error and long nights of repair. Word for windows even power-locked up win 7, even though it's supposed to be technically impossible for 1 program to do that. This year I said enough is enough.
    I put my windows 7/quadcore in a landfill. I have since gotten a quadcore i7 mac with a solid state drive (instant on everything). I am never looking back. OSX snow leopard is a Godsend (power/stability of linux, more usability and ease than windoze). *ZERO* lockups, zero crashes. Bliss.

User Info Menu

I use both a PC running Windows 7 and a Max running OSX 10.6. The PC is my home computer that I built and the Mac is from my school. I can't stand using the Mac. It works ok for basic tasks, but it freezes up way more than it should. Even during stupid things, like checking my email. I've had next to no issues with my Windows machine. As far as Linux goes, I have used Ubuntu in the past, but you really have to know what you're doing to troubleshoot it. It's a good OS for basic tasks, so long as nothing goes wrong. But between Windows and Mac, I choose Windows. I won't even buy an Apple product. I used to use Creative Zen music players instead of an iPod and now I'm using a Zune HD because it was easier to get that instead of ordering another Zen.
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

I am living in a microsoft free (tm) environment. It's as if productivity, stability shot up 95%.

Video, graphics so much more robust and better on a mac, like night and day. A g4 mac server... bulletproof and runs rings around the quadcore in terms of ease of maintenance and robust stability. Running for years no issues at all.

it's nice to have devices that use components specifically tested for the OS, not some slapped-on dumptruck style engineering.

I can show a 12 year old how to get around a mac in a very short time. Would require ten times that timeframe to get them to use windoze.

As long as windows registry exists (extreme Achilles heel) it will always be the unstable, security-hole virus of an OS we have come to know and loathe.

User Info Menu

My house has a grand total of 6 Mac users, and 5 Macs! I gotta tell ya, Mac FTW! I prefer windows if your coding C++ and C# because only pc's can run that software...It stinks! Also Mac seems to record music better on GarageBand, but it might just be me..
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseInMotion View Post
    I use both a PC running Windows 7 and a Max running OSX 10.6. The PC is my home computer that I built and the Mac is from my school. I can't stand using the Mac. It works ok for basic tasks, but it freezes up way more than it should. Even during stupid things, like checking my email.
    Is your school's Mac an Intel based machine? Does it have a fair amount of RAM? I use multiple applications simultaneously when I'm editing video without a problem.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by areFish View Post
    Is your school's Mac an Intel based machine? Does it have a fair amount of RAM? I use multiple applications simultaneously when I'm editing video without a problem.
    It's a Macbook with a 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo and 2GB of DDR3 1067 RAM. For comparison, my home computer has a 3GHz Phenom II and 3GB of DDR2 800 RAM. I've had more lockup issues on the Mac than my desktop at home. Maybe it's because of all the software running in the background that prevents me from opening up Firefox or Google Chrome, but either way it sucks.
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

I have a MBP (Snow Leopard), a Dell Latitude laptop (xp) and a PC desktop (xp)...the Mac is my preferred choice. It just works. Switching between my mac and pc, it never ceases to amazes the amount of time I spend just waiting for the PC.
    Kit: 65 Slingerland Modern Solo Outfit

User Info Menu

I like Windows, cause I use my comp for videogames. I tell people (aka family) to get macs. Not because I think they are really more superior, but so I don't have to deal with their tech issues.
    "I'm sorry, something wrong? Oh, it's a Mac. I don't know Macs. Take it to the apple store, yell at them. "
    All the OS's have their quirks. A lot of people buy low end windows based machines, expect them to run like a 1500 dollar Mac computer, and get mad when they don't.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    Ok, in light of the ads that everyone probably thinks are great, I wanna know if anonyone out there in drumchat land has a prefernce either way and why? Do you use MAC's? DO you think Vista is "da bomb". Come on people what do you reckon?
    windows, till i create something better...

BTW
    vista sucks... its the worst windows ever, only one that comes close in badness is windows ME, if you want to upgrade from XP to something, skip vista and go straight for 7...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?