Thread: Drumset Enhancements

User Info Menu

Default Drumset Enhancements

I was just sittin' here thinking about the crazy stuff I used to do to my drumset when I was a teenager. I covered one set up completely with stickers. Luckily it was just an old set we got at a garage sale.

One time a friend gave me a flashing construction light and I put that in the bass drum. I used to turn all the lights off and watch it flash. I just thougt that was the coolest thing ever.

I also remember covering the whole set with T-shirts to try and get them to sound better.

Awww... what we do in our youth!

User Info Menu

i dont get how the t shirts would help hahaha but the other two i understand :D

User Info Menu

Everyone knows you have to dress for success!

When I was a kid, I bought a batter head for the front of my bass drum! Only that wasn't to many years ago... It sounded surprisingly good.
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

I painted stuff on the front of my bass drum..

That didn't turn out so well.

But it's ok because I'm still in my youth so I'm allowed to do that stuff. lol
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sanzen
    i dont get how the t shirts would help hahaha but the other two i understand :D
    I would wrap them around the toms to try and muffle them. Silly me!

User Info Menu

Lol we used contruction sites on the kit me and my mate borrowed. He lent it to someone else before and blasted most of the front bass skin off. So we put in there the contruction light pushing an old jumper against it. Good deep bass with nice attack. Note to drummers : Sound hold over 7inch diameter = Taking your front bass skin off.....

Read it on a tuning page somewhere. REading it up for recording.