Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome! ...*Please Read

User Info Menu

Exclamation Welcome! ...*Please Read

Welcome to DrumChat.com. Yea, I know what you're thinking, ..."Where the hell is everybody?". :D Well, I guess you've got to start somewhere. - ---- So we'll just start at the beginning.

Are ya ready kids?.........................................
    .................................................. .......................................

Let's start chattin'!

...drums,drums,drums,drums,drums,drums,
    drums,drums,drums,drums,drums,drums,
    drums,drums,drums,drums,drums,drums!!!!!!!!!! :p

User Info Menu

I love checking out different sets, anyone have pictures of their sets?

User Info Menu

Heres one of mine:
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Here's my pics;

12 piece kit: Slingerland 7 piece (12", 13", 14", 15" concert toms, 16" floor tom, 5 1/2 x 14" metal snare), 4 Remo Roto-toms (6", 6", 8", 10"), Tama Camco double bass pedal, Cymbals: Sabian 14" AA Sizzle hats, Paiste 2000 8" splash, old "Paiste Ludwig standard" 14" crash, Paiste 404 16" crash, Paiste 404 20" ride, Paiste 3000 16" china, World Percussion 12" lion china, World Percussion 14" lion china, Percussion: LP ice bell, LP cowbell, sleigh bells, LP tamborine, OM chimes, Remo 10" Spoke

Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

the rest of the pics;

Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

that kits a monster.

User Info Menu

Jeez you love to resurrect old post don't you. lol

User Info Menu

you betta beleive it

User Info Menu

That kit is a monster.... But what is with all the angles on the toms? :S
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Im wonderinng that too, doesnt it effect the sound if you hit your toms on such an angel?

User Info Menu

It also affects your accuracy on hitting the center all the time.... Look at all the marks everywhere over the skins. (not that i can talk)

Try leveling them out... Lowering them a lil. And playing from above them. I find thats the way that everyone should have them. Even when it does stil feel comfortable playing them like that (I use to do that when i first started And then someone preached this playing from on top thing to me :P)
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Metal Drummer doesn't get in here as often anymore, but he's a great guy. He still pops in now and then. We've drilled him about those tom angles before. Ha! He's just stuck in his ways I guess.

User Info Menu

I love the finish on that Pearl set up top! I'm not even that big on orange lol
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Here is my current set-up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PearlKid View Post
    Heres one of mine:

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS

User Info Menu

Kevin, I like you current set-up. It looks real clean. I also saw you signature line, again, and thought about your Evans G2 heads. When I first started, I thought I would be a rock guy all the way, with Remo Pinstripes, or Evans EC heads. Now, because I seem to prefer some overtones to my drums, I am leaning toward the Evans G2 heads. Please tell me something about your experience with those heads.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Kevin, I like you current set-up. It looks real clean. I also saw you signature line, again, and thought about your Evans G2 heads. When I first started, I thought I would be a rock guy all the way, with Remo Pinstripes, of Evans EC heads. Now, because I seem to prefer some overtones to my drums, I am leaning toward the Evans G2 heads. Please tell me something about your experience with those heads.
    Thanks Bob

Ya know I have always played on the Evans G2's and have always really liked them, but my style has changed and my ears I think really want to hear more resonance, more sustain and just more actual drum sound, and I just can't get that from the G2's anymore, they were awesome for a good rock drum sound, if you want a very controlled sound, with little overtone, little sustain, and not much resonance, these are great, but i have really changed how I want my drums to sound, so I now go with a coated single ply head and found that the Ambassadors by remo give me the exact sound I am after.
    I absolutely hate the EC heads, I tried them and they just sound horrible to me, for the sound I want these are just not the right heads, but for any serious rocker that want really focused attack, low bottom end, these heads rock for that, but I just think they kill the natural sound of the drum.

Anyway hope this helps

User Info Menu

Thanks Kevin, that does help. I didn't realize that the G2's would have that much impact on the resonance. I thought you had to go to the EC's to get that. I play the EC2's during my drum lessons at the local music store, and I can honestly say that I like the sound of my kit much better, and I'm still using the Remo UT single ply head that came stock with the kit. I just feel like the EC2's kind of choke the life out of the drum (IMHO).

I will look into the Remo Ambassadors. Thanks.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Thanks Kevin, that does help. I didn't realize that the G2's would have that much impact on the resonance. I thought you had to go to the EC's to get that. I play the EC2's during my drum lessons at the local music store, and I can honestly say that I like the sound of my kit much better, and I'm still using the Remo UT single ply head that came stock with the kit. I just feel like the EC2's kind of choke the life out of the drum (IMHO).

I will look into the Remo Ambassadors. Thanks.
    Glad I could help, and yes thats is exactly what EC2's do, also IMHO

User Info Menu

this is random but its to little of a question to ask on a seperate chat, what does IMHO! iv been wondering for months

User Info Menu

in my humble opinion

User Info Menu

there we go, thanks:P

User Info Menu

I prefer a Coated Emperor or Coated Pinstripe myself. Both are quite durable and cut out some of the loud overtones on my Maple drums. Buy Maple drums and then choke them out? Kind of an oxymoron eh?

User Info Menu

Default angle

hi METAL DRUMMER

i think you have a nice kit but the angle of the tom are very abrupt i will not feel comfortable

but nice kit i like big kit

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Default Re: Welcome! ...*Please Read

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    Here is my current set-up.
    thats a cool set