Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chain or Strap?

User Info Menu

Default Chain or Strap?

You guys have a chain or a strap on your bass drum pedal? I've always been a strap guy myself. They're a bit smoother.

User Info Menu

Chain...I've had some trouble with straps...but hey, with calves like these, SHEEEZ!
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

chains.....i thnk they allow me to feel how the pedal is actually moving better...which translates into, not as smooth but that's what i like cuz i like to feel every little thing that my pedal does....

User Info Menu

Some of the companies are putting chain on a felt drive shaft, which kind of gives you the best of both worlds. So it goes around a sproket but tends to glide better being that it's guided through this felted channel.
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LIMPy
    Some of the companies are putting chain on a felt drive shaft, which kind of gives you the best of both worlds. So it goes around a sproket but tends to glide better being that it's guided through this felted channel.
    Yea...my Pearl pedal is just that. The chain rests on a felt lined shaft. I got it in 1985, and it has never given me a bit of trouble. Very smooth, and obviously very durable.
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

chains are way better and stronger hey get some calf muscles if u cant handle a little roughness
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

chain for me .dunno why ,....just always had one so i`ve never really played a strap.

User Info Menu

I think Boo and I have the same pedal. Mines a double and I really like it.

I've been eyeballin' an Iron Cobra set though...
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

the iron cobra is the doggie danglers ....i played one on an in house kit ....just plain awesome ....don`t know if i`d bother with the all shiny crome version though. you`ld have to play it bare foot to keep it shiny .but hey if you got the $$$ why not i say

by the way i`ve got the same pedal as Boo too (mines a `94 version though)

dave

User Info Menu

Well i've always been chain, whats the difference with strap?

User Info Menu

Thumbs up chain or strap

strap for me it's easyer to repair God forbid something brakes in the middle of a show. thanks and keep rocking

User Info Menu

wow....u've broken chains?

User Info Menu

i have a chain........ nvr used a strap, but i probly should
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

my friend dain broke a chain cause he left it in the rain and it caused him much grief and pain so he went to the store and got some sugar cane but tripped on the way out and hurt his leg so he had to use a cain and then when he tryed to think of a solution to his broken chain he gave up beacuse thinking hurt his brain so instead he went out with his friends jane and shane and when he came home he found that his dog had been slain and it caused him to go insane....The End

User Info Menu

oh...my...god.............. how did u think that up?
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Chain here. Why, I don't know, but it always makes me smile. But I am going to get those Axis doubles soon, my early Christmas present...LOL!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lezzledrummer
    oh...my...god.............. how did u think that up?

I dunno....how do i think up songs to write?.....stuff just comes to me....mostly in my sleep or when i'm supposed to be working...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer4Him
    Chain here. Why, I don't know, but it always makes me smile. But I am going to get those Axis doubles soon, my early Christmas present...LOL!!!
    Those Axis pedals are awesome!! I love the longboard cuz' it is soooo much easier to do the heel-toe method with them. The only thing I don't like is that they just look like you could break them pretty easy. Never heard of anyone doing it, but it still bugs me.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    I dunno....how do i think up songs to write?.....stuff just comes to me....mostly in my sleep or when i'm supposed to be working...

wow i'd like to see some of the songs u write...

send em to me @ LilLockhart93@aol.com lol
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

check out the songs that are on myspace.com/theutopianthree...i didn't write them completely but i had a big hand in writing them...musically and lyrically...i don't have anything recorded yet of stuff that only i've written...i do alot of acoustical writing and then like the polar extreme (ie. Heavy Metal).. if i record something i'll put it up on myspace for you to hear....

User Info Menu

that would be awesome!!!
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

I have to use chain-drive......if i had a nickel for every strap Ive broken over the years.....lol

User Info Menu

I've got a chain. It seems i can do faster stuff with chain drive pedals.
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

i use chain,straps are gd but im just more use to chain i guess

User Info Menu

Chain \m/