Thread: kick pad problem on TD-9

User Info Menu

Default kick pad problem on TD-9

Brand new TD-9 owner here. I bought the version with the mesh snare and black pads. I also bought a double pedal.

The only (minor) problem I'm having so far is that the bass drums aren't registering very loud. I'm thinking that this is caused by the fact that I have a double pedal which makes both "hammers" not centered properly and more on the side then they should be.

I tried to center it this way and the problem went away.

My question is how can I fix this? I'm thinking of buying an additional kick pad and having a splitter so that the kick pad wire can receice both signals. Would that work?

User Info Menu

Default Re: kick pad problem on TD-9

try turning up the gain on your kick pad, or flip the beaters around and use the hard surface

continually using the felt beater faces without a patch will burn impressions into the rubber

also, try raising that cross-beam just a hair on the rack and pinch the kick pad downwards using a piece of foam; this will give it a touch of extra bracing and give more solid, accurate triggering
    Last edited by davezedlee; 03-10-2011 at 12:25 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by davezedlee View Post
    continually using the felt beater faces without a patch will burn impressions into the rubber
    Do you mean that it will eventually damage the rubber on the kick pad? Like, wear it out?

Oh and thanks for the other suggestions. I'll try them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by clem84 View Post
    Do you mean that it will eventually damage the rubber on the kick pad? Like, wear it out?

Oh and thanks for the other suggestions. I'll try them.
    It does wear out, mine's pretty close to breaking I think..

User Info Menu

You have the beaters set up correctly, just increase the pad sensitivity setting in the module for the kick, an increase the kick volume a little and it should work perfectly.
    And, as mentioned use the plastic/abs beaters, the felt ones will tear the pad up over time.