Thread: Best practice pad / metronome?

User Info Menu

Question Best practice pad / metronome?

Hey everyone! I'm looking to buy a metronome and a practice pad, and could use some help.

I have double acl surgeries scheduled for this year (first one is next week), and since I won't be able to play the kit for a while, I need something to keep my hands going.

Looking on ebay, I've seen these practice pad/metronome built-in combos, where the machine can tell how far off the beat you are - they are $99 to $130. Should I get one of those?

Or should I buy the pad and metronome seperately?
    Last edited by tselanne; 03-14-2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: moved

User Info Menu

Default Re: Best practice pad / metronome?

I figure that was a stupid question since no one responded, so I just bought a regular practice pad for 15 bucks.

But I still need a metronome. I found a metronome 'cd' on ebay for 10 bucks.... but the prices for meto's go from like 20 to over 100.... so if anyone has suggestions for which to get, please post, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

User Info Menu

I like the Dr. Beats but they're a bit more expensive.

User Info Menu

I have the HQ two sided practice pad and a simple KORG MA-30 digital metronome and they suit me just fine. Only paid about 45 for both. For the price you really can't beat this combo but this is the only practice pad and metronome I have owned so I don't have much experience.
    ~Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.- Reggie Leach~

User Info Menu

BEST METRONOME EVER WEIRD METRONOME DOWNLOAD 26 KBS its awsome
    PDP X7 Fusion Sparkling Black

Sabian:
    AA 14" Medium HiHats
    AA 16" medium Crash
    AA 18" Medium Crash
    AA 20" Medium Ride

Wuhan:
    17" china

User Info Menu

http://advanced.bestmetronome.com

this one is good if you have internet.. i load the page sometimes and then take the computer to my drum set.. works perfectly..

User Info Menu

Thx for the suggestions everyone. I'm going to check those out. Tomorrow is the first surgery... I'm hoping my pad comes soon!

User Info Menu

Any practice pad will do really, so yours is fine. Just find a metronome that gives you a wide range of tempos and has a headphone jack. However, if your budget allows, the Tama metronomes are pretty sweet.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank